• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Nicolet NICE Z80 In-Circuit Emulator For Sale

Mardy

I have a Nicolet NICE In-Circuit Emulator for the Z80 in need of a good home. For those of you not familiar with this device, it came out around '83 as a low end, simple in-circuit emulator for the Z80. It is a small pod measuring 3" square that plugs in place of a 40 pin Z80 chip. Powered by the target system, you simply hook it up to a terminal and go. It supports basic debugging commands like peeking / poking memory, breakpoints, single stepping, etc. It does not support high-end emulator features like backtrace and complex breakpoints. I powered it up today and verified that it was still working.

It comes with the original manual, target adapter cable / connector and carrying case. I can send photos if anyone is interested. I'm asking $150.00 + shipping (should be around $10 - $15).

Thanks!

-Mardy

Mardy, dont mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think you'll move it at that price. You may have trouble moving it for 1/3 that price.

Last one I saw on eBay, went for $37 - and that was because I was unwilling to pay more than $36 for it ;)

Good luck, though - those things were WAY ahead of their time. I remember seeing their ads in all the electronics rags of the era!

Tony

I don't mind the rain :) I'm still figuring out what this "Vintage" stuff is worth. Probably the best thing to do is stick it on eBay and see what I can get for it.

Thanks for the input.

-Mardy

I would suggest that - but I would wait a couple weeks.
Most pockets are tapped ;)

I would do it as an auction, put a $75 Buy-It-Now, and a reserve of $20, so that the BIN option doesn;t vanish immediately.

Because eBayers are a finicky bunch, you can do what i do, which is put IN the listing, that "there is a $20 reserve so the Buy-It-Now option does not go away after the first bid"

After all, let's be serious - if someone isn't willing to pay $30 for a Z80 NICE, well, they need to keep looking....

Just my suggestions - YMMV

T

Back