• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need help looking for name of old Apple 2 game

Flying Omelette

I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find anything about this game anywhere. I'm hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction.

Here's what I remember about this game:

1. I played it a very long time ago, on an Apple 2e computer in school sometime in the early 80s. It was on a 5-1/4" floppy.

2. It was an adventure game in which you had to type commands to solve puzzles, but unlike some text-based adventure games of that era, this one had actual graphics. You could see the environments you had to interact with. (I don't remember if you could actually see your character walking around, or if you just used a pointer to point at things, or if you just typed commands to move around and manipulate stuff, though, but you definitely could see the backgrounds.)

3. In this game, you traveled between different planets.

4. One of the planets near the end of the game (may have even been the last one) required some special suit for you to go there because the atmosphere was dangerous or something like that. Some character in the game had this suit but refused to give it to me.

5. I think the character who had the suit wanted some kind of musical instrument that was either a guitar, or a cello, or a violin. I remember acquiring the instrument, but for some reason, the character would still not fork over the suit.

6. The game had some kind of internal timer that if you took too long to beat it, the main villain would show up at some point and capture you, giving you an instant game over and forcing you to start all over again. This would inevitably happen to me on the planet with the character who had the suit because I couldn't get him to give it to me.

Unfortunately, that's all I really remember about it. No one else in the class could ever figure out that last part of the game either. If only I knew what it was called and if I could play it again...

Sorry I only remember the one where you're a detective travelling around the world trying to catch this bad guy and you're given a set of clues to find them - where was some graphics in that one too.

Sounds simular though, so maybe the same software company made that one too?

Back