• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mouse museum

Well, the web designer has chosen a rather unusual layout that took me a while to figure out, but perhaps in the long run and with a more varied collection of mice it can get better.

He forgot the Amiga mouse (and a few others for that matter)

I guess we have to be patient. Hes probably not done yet.

Up to now, it seems like someone who collects Macintosh mice and has thrown in a few PC mice for good measure. I suppose so many different mice for various computers have been manufactured that one would need to restrict yourself from day 1 when it comes to adding items to your collection through purchase. Freebies is something else though.

Plus the Hewlett Packard 46060A (which I was Googling for).

Regards,
John

Plus the Hewlett Packard 46060A.

That is the ugliest mouse I have ever seen. It should be burned, and its remains me dumped into a volcanoe, which should be in the worst place in the world...New Jersey(No offense Vlad and others who for some reason choose to live there).

--Ryan

Seriously? Oh, thats right. It was a different member on the forums, who recently left us. I get my IM contacts messed up sometimes...

:oops:

--Ryan

That is the ugliest mouse I have ever seen. It should be burned, and its remains me dumped into a volcanoe, which should be in the worst place in the world...New Jersey(No offense Vlad and others who for some reason choose to live there).

--Ryan

I wouldn't exactly react to it so abhorrently. I find it interesting for it's uniqueness. I'm not so certain just how comfortable it would be to utilize though.

image.php

They're horrible, especially if you've guitarists fingernails.
it's almost impossible to stop it slipping around when you're moving it, and keep your fingers on the buttons at the same time. There were few mice around at that time which sacrificed ergonomics for style (?).

The design reminds me of those novelty mouse pads shaped like a small pair of women's breast to rest your hand upon. Perhaps the designer of this type of mouse was just as .. I dunno, is "perverted" the right word to use? :p

I used to have a DEC mouse that I converted to use with my amiga, it was round, really comfy, and "B" cup!

I'm waiting for the arrival of furry wheel mice :shock:

(probably be banned from the forum for that one)

Of course even before that HP mouse was created, there were those old tablet/pointer combinations with all kinds of menu's....Graftek, a Hanratty based Cad/Cam system was one of the first based on "Graftek" build dedicated terminals and running on Gould computer systems. Bet NO one here has ever seen a Gould system!

Before that there were "proof of concept" mice done by Xerox as they were the ones who really developed the "mouse/menu/icon" type interface Apple eventually ripped off. Also there was a company named Cimlinc who build a Sun architecture workstation back in the early 1980's who also used the Zerox "mouse/menu/icon" style interface on their own inhouse built workstations. They had the first "mouse" based user interface I ever saw..even before Apple.

The connection with Cimlinc/Sun/ and Zerox was the founder (Mike Sterling) was also "in" on those Darpa funded projects that also ended up spawning Sun micro systems..and Mike also had the rights to develop and sell hardware of the same architecture as those early Sun's ..and did so. His first systems were sold into the Manufacturing community with Cimlinc designed and built workstations, Monitors, Cad Software, Cam Software, and a bunch of other things. They sold well for a while including high profile companies such as Boeing and Carrier UTC and many others. Anyway....thats History now.

Back