• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: SoundBlaster AWE32 Software Discs.

chilpillwill

Hello,

A while ago, I bought an AWE32 and it came in its box with the software discs (Drives, Applications ect.) but a few of them dont work, mainly becuase they're floppys that have degraded over time. If anyone has these floppys for sale or has them coppied to cd or something I would be interested in buying them/it off you.

Hi chilpillwill,

I *think* I still have those disks somewhere, but I will have to test them too anyway, they are so old.

Which ones are you missing?

Cheers

I have them for Windows 95 and 3.11, from when I bought my AWE32 new :D

If you would like images I am happy to make them, but I won't be able to get to them for nearly a month...

Thank you so much, I would love the images of them, the discs im missing really is all of them, i can just about get the drivers to work but there is a huge amount of corruption. So if either one of you could send me images of preferably all of the discs i would be INCREDIBLY greatful, my email is chilpillwill@hotmail.com if you want to send them to me via email, i dont mind if i have to wait a while either.

Thanks,
Will

*EDIT*
Also, if you happen to have the original programs (cakewalk apprentice, midi notator ect) then i would love images of those too, as the ones that came with mine didnt work at all! (also, i have my discs at hand so if you need any of the names of any of the software i can tell you)

Last edited:
That's no problem, but like I said I won't be able to get to them for a month :(

I don't think I have the Cakewalk / Midi Notator software, mine was the OEM version that came with a Pentium 166 system bought in early 1996 :)

Drivers

Drivers

I dont mind about having to wait, its not that urgent. That is a good website, but it costs about 4 quid a driver, which is ridiculous considering that they should be free. Thanks anyway though, I look forward to getting those disc images :D i bet my sb will sound so much better afterwards!

In Windows 95, for some reason it always defaults to the Windows MIDI driver. You have to change it over in the control panel. I only found that out after a year! :lol:

Driver

Driver

Oh yeah, i realised that too, because i use that machine mainly to play MS-DOS based games of the 90's i realised something was up quite quickly becuase none of them would accept the awe32, turned out windows had defaulted the driver to the windows version - soon changed that! :)

discs

discs

so, dongfeng, is there any advance on getting those discs yet? I tried some of the discs i had again yesterday and had just as much luck as i did the first time :(.

hello there,

didn't realise you were in norfolk UK not VA!

I've just had a look through my CD archive & I have an original sound blaster 16 install CD (win 3.11 & 95). it looks like it may have support for the AWE & the programs will possibly work. I can burn you an "evaluation copy"(!) and pop it in the post. You can but try!

PM me with your address.
Nig

or alternatively try this linkhttp://downloads.zdnet.co.uk/0,1000000375,39046293s,00.htm

Hey, sorry I havnt been able to come on for a while. I didnt know you were in Taiwan, whats the weather like there?

Thanks Nige. I dont think posting it would be worth it, it might cost a bit of money and time when im sure you could upload it to a website or something for free, how big is it in total? (mb/kb)

It'll cost about 35p!
Check the download address above & tell me how big it is, I've no idea!
remember I'm only about 40 miles down the road!

Hello, yeah that would be great. I could always pay you the postage through paypal or something if you want. Yeah i f you could send that cd, i could give a try. even if it doesnt work it would be good to have because i also have a sb vibra 16 lying around somewhere, it would be great for that. Thanks Nige!:p

Hey, sorry I havnt been able to come on for a while. I didnt know you were in Taiwan, whats the weather like there?

Thanks Nige. I dont think posting it would be worth it, it might cost a bit of money and time when im sure you could upload it to a website or something for free, how big is it in total? (mb/kb)

It was not too bad, now I am back in Hong Kong it is sunny here, finally :lol:

I will get those disks for you as soon as I can, I promise :)

Thanks dongfeng and nige, you have both been so helpful! I didnt know that I would get such an active thread out of this, mind you, the awe is a popular card. By the way, would either of you mind if, when i get the disks i upload them to the internet so that eveyone can access them. Like, i'll make a site or something and put a link to it in this thread. That way no one will ever have to put up with stubborn floppy discs or vague driver sites again.

I have all of the AWE32 disk images if you still need them. I can just E-mail them to you if you want. Let me know. Thanks

I have the disks now! I'll get the imaged in the next day or so :)

Do you want Win 95, or 3.11? There are two different sets.

(edit)

Last edited:
Back