• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted 8 bit nic card

Billgilmer

I have a IBM Portable Computer
Model 5155
640K Ram
It never been used. I bought it last week for $3.00 :eek: at a flea market,

I would like to see if I can get it on the internet.:D

Yeah, I too need an NIC 8bit card. When I visit WV, where I have a lot of PC stuff stored, I will snag my token-ring to ethernet adapter, and buy a token-ring NIC. I have a few up there. I don't want one for internet, though. I wanted to get my AT&T on the home network, and maybe to Telnet. For now, I have a modem installed in which I dial in to the few BBSs left. Post some pics of the machine! Sounds like a nice find. How do you know it has never been used?

--Ryan

I have two cards, one is a token ring star style, Standard Microsystems Corp ARCNET PC130 8 BIT CARD. The other is an INTEL 8/16 LAN Adapter, ethernet card, it has a RJ45 connector and a 15 pin D-connector.
$5.00 + shipping for either. I take paypal.

I would go for Ethernet cards. Token Ring or Arcnet are interesting, but not terribly useful.

The Intel 8/16 would be a good choice. The 3Com 3C505 series is good, as are some of the 8 bit SMC series.

If you don't want to add another card, try a parallel-port Ethernet adapter. The Xircom PE310BT is a good choice.

I'm interested in the Intel 8/16, but I will let the OP have first dibs, seems it is his thread, not mine. The Xircom sounds intresting, but eBay turns nothing up for it. Google search shows I can buy it from a warehouse for $51.95, which isn't worth getting the beast on the network to me. Besides, my Packard 486 is coming in soon, and getting my NIC to work in 3.11 should be a challenge, but not a heart attack. If SOMEONE(not mentioning names) would get that LapLink out, I could transfer files with it...

--Ryan

Too many people look at what is available on eBay right at the current moment, don't see what they are looking for, and assume that it is unattainable.

In the case of the Xircom PE3-10BT, they are common and not popular. If you look under completed auctions you can see that there have been some recently for reasonable prices that have not even sold.

There are some relatively expensive Intel 8/16 cards on eBay now listed in eBay stores, but if you wait for an auction you can do much better.

I bought 10 3Com 3C505s for a grand total of $20 from a seller selling multiple lots. I'm set for life. :)

Ibm 5155

Ibm 5155

When I first got it home and open it up it still had the drives paper cards inserts,there wasn't a mark or any discolorartion on they. I then removed the case clean out the dust and mess that collect from use, but there wasn't any.

Ive got some stuff here

Ive got some stuff here

I only have vintage parts due to the fact that I hate to toss anything out in the trash!
Anyway I dont know if anyone is interested but I have...
2 Xircom PE3-10BT adapters with power supplies. They seem to plug into a com port. Never used them so I dont know.

Also a 3com 3C503 etherlink 11/16 assy no 8782-01-revG. rj45 and a 15 pin like a gameport

Another isa card with bnc and rj45. The sticker says NE-12ACT and the pc board is printed assy.122029 rev 1c
Let me know if this will do.
Steve

Back