• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Partition & Format Focus Hard drive - APPLE IIe

scott

Can someone please help me. I have a focus hard drive card. the orginal
hard drive died. I installed a new drive but that's all I can do. I can't figure out how to partition and format the new drive on my Apple IIe.

and no... I don't have access to a GS ! <g>

-Scott

It seems that way. But, I am not sure. Do you have the Focus software? I do have it on a 3.5 disk. Never looked at it. Not sure if it is just prodos 8, put on a 3.5 disk. If the program or programs can only be run from a IIgs.

But if you have someone around you that has a IIgs then it would be easy to do.

There are quite a few people with IIgs.

Take Care

You know... I'm beginning to wonder if my Focus card is messed up and not the hard drive. I load up the IIe with Copy ][+ v9.1 and choose format. the card does not show up in the slot list. So.. I hooked the drive up to a PC and the PC recognized the drive just fine...
I think even with a unpartitioned drive. Copy ][+ would still see the card in the slot???

I don't have the focus software.. I do however have the focus manual.
In the manual it states that there is no software for the IIe. Only the GS!
The GS is all the manual refers to. Except if you have a problem and you have an IIe then contact Focus. That does me alot of good now. ha ha
Since the Manual sayz no IIe software then I'm not really pursuing it.

Picture of my Vintage Computers.

Attachments

• DSCN4134 (Small).JPG
    DSCN4134 (Small).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
Nice display....I see you like military aircraft.
My cousin is an Air Force Squadron Commander, flying the Pavelow mine-sweeping helicopters.

T

Nice pictures, I have a bit of computers also, but not as many as my friend had. Sold them to buy other apple II items.

not sure this is going to work.

124929048_39c57dc2af_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I got him to sign the cover of my Woz IIgs, so now it is doubled Wozed. Ebay for some of my items eventually.

Take Care

Back