• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

SuperPet Price Check!

Atari26003

Experienced Member
Alright I have found years back a Commodore Superpet SP9000

i was referred here by another forum seeing as posting about a vintage PC on an atari related forum probably wouldn't get many results haha.

:)

Alright I have this and I don't know the MOST about it, I know basic a bit so I was able to hookup my Dattasette from my other commodore PCs and it attempted to play a Tape etc,
SO it works!
there is one or two marks but not that much,

Its in my basement and its something that means a lot to me,
But im curious to know
HOwmuch are these worth?
there is NOTHING missing,
NOTHING damaged

Alright I have found years back a Commodore Superpet SP9000

i was referred here by another forum seeing as posting about a vintage PC on an atari related forum probably wouldn't get many results haha.

:)

Alright I have this and I don't know the MOST about it, I know basic a bit so I was able to hookup my Dattasette from my other commodore PCs and it attempted to play a Tape etc,
SO it works!
there is one or two marks but not that much,

Its in my basement and its something that means a lot to me,
But im curious to know
HOwmuch are these worth?
there is NOTHING missing,
NOTHING damaged
----------
Well, like most of this stuff it depends on how much the buyer wants it, but FWIW a friend of mine just sold several SuperPETs for around $300-400 ea., although some of them did also have disk drives.

m

Was the SuperPET 9000 intended with the 8250LP disk drive and alike, or did it come out a few years earlier? I thought the SuperPET is quite uncommon, but perhaps not as much as I had expected.

Was the SuperPET 9000 intended with the 8250LP disk drive and alike, or did it come out a few years earlier? I thought the SuperPET is quite uncommon, but perhaps not as much as I had expected.
----------
Well, they are fairly uncommon although, unlike PETs, people tended to hang on to them a little more, so relative to the number sold there are probably more SPETs still around.

AFAIR, at the time they came out the 8250s weren't out yet so they usually had 4040s or 8050s.

mike

Never knew htat they had disk drives with some, thats quite interesting
Mine does not have a disk drive,
when im able to post a picture wi will
:) thanks for the quote though!

I want to get my keys working perfectly, some seem to be hard to press and from my research thats dirt, and I dont doubt it :p having to deal with alot of NES things not working right usually is DIRT lol

Never knew htat they had disk drives with some, thats quite interesting
Mine does not have a disk drive,
---
That's unfortunate; you won't find much SuperPET S/W on cassette, if any, although "normal" PET software should work OK. Unless they were used on line pretty well all SPETs would have had at least one external disk drive.

It is possible to use a PC to emulate a disk drive, but it's not trivial.

mike

Yeah, many users could share one disk drive with a PET-switch or similar, perhaps more commonly used to share hard disks though.

IEEE disk drives are relatively common, at least on par with regular PET stuff. Whether the drives still work is another matter. Hopefully I'm going tomorrow to pick up another couple of drives. In that department, my supply is big.

By the way, there was a 8250 full-height drive as well that was more or less contemporary with the 8050. However I think only the 2031 and 8250 were re-designed as half-height drives. Unfortunately I haven't found any 2031LP, although I've had plenty of requests for one. In theory it should be possible to gut a standard 1541 and replace the interface board with an IEEE one.

I have two SuperPET's, one complete (the other is missing the second processor). You can usually get them on eBay for between $200 - $300, plus shipping, though they don't show up often. It is true that the real value of the SuperPET comes from the use of a disk drive to maximize and properly use all of its programming languages/operating environments. Compatible disk drives can run $50 - $100, plus shipping.

As always, I'm referring to my US experiences...

I tend to sell working IEEE floppy drives (3040, 4040, 8050, 8250 etc) for $15-25 plus shipping, but restrict my sales to real collectors or preferrably devoted Commodore users. Anyone I suspect is buying just to resell won't get to buy from me, or buy for a higher amount.

Back