• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tell me THIS wouldn't look COOL by your desk!

I don't know, I think my PDP would have looked cool taking up most of my livingroom if it wasn't sitting at the bottom of some GOD DAMN river in the netherlands.

But, I'm not bitter......

What PDP? WE don't NEED no steenking PDP's!

Cray! Cray! Cray!

._______
|...........|:raygun:
|...PDP...|
|_______|:machinegun:

Hehehe

T

The only Unix box I would want under my desk would be my Apple A/UX 3 machine (unless the old 68K HP machines ran unix that is).

OK, so what you're SAYING, is....

You would kick that cool DeskSide Cray to the curb?

Only thing cooler, would be an SGI Onyx DeskSide, with InfinteRealty2!

Well, small and fitting next to the desk - wouldn't mind having a nice G5 9672 in the garage, if only I had a way to POWER it!

T

Well, I wouldn't kick the Cray out but I wouldn't pay $1K+ either; I'll stick with my dual Cromemco CS-420s running UNIX V and Cromix+ - they're paid for ;-)

m

Attachments

• Cromemco%20CS-420.jpg
    Cromemco%20CS-420.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1
The only Unix box I would want under my desk would be my Apple A/UX 3 machine (unless the old 68K HP machines ran unix that is).

I used to have SE/30 running A/UX 3.11 on my desk, very cool thing.

And old 68K HP machines did run Unix. I think HPUX prior to version 7 or 6 was 68K. Also original Sun boxes and SunOS was for 68k boxes :)

I don't know, I think my PDP would have looked cool taking up most of my livingroom if it wasn't sitting at the bottom of some GOD DAMN river in the netherlands.

But, I'm not bitter......

No, you're WAY past bitter...

:)

Andrew Lynch

Only thing cooler, would be an SGI Onyx DeskSide, with InfinteRealty2!

T

lol well I'll trade ya for the cray ;o) I don't even want to spend the money on the weird power cable required for my Onyx or Challenge. So I have these multi-processor SGI servers that may or may not work (look cool) but whatever.

Anyway, yeah a Cray would be perty sweet. You're in Florida atleast you could make the drive and get it.

- John

I used to have SE/30 running A/UX 3.11 on my desk, very cool thing.

And old 68K HP machines did run Unix. I think HPUX prior to version 7 or 6 was 68K. Also original Sun boxes and SunOS was for 68k boxes :)

Heh - I had that, eBay'd it. Also had a Q950 with A/UX I eBayed a few years back - 256MB of RAM if I recall correctly!

I also have, in the dark recesses of my garage, a.....
WGS95! THE A/UX box...

No...it isn;t getting eBayed!

T

Heh - I had that, eBay'd it. Also had a Q950 with A/UX I eBayed a few years back - 256MB of RAM if I recall correctly!

I also have, in the dark recesses of my garage, a.....
WGS95! THE A/UX box...

No...it isn;t getting eBayed!

T

Thats what I have , a very lightly used WGS95 (was sitting in some stock room as a spare) with the full cache on the PDS SCSI card, plus the box with all the A/UX software that came with it all in shrinkwrap never opened (I have another set that I use to do installs). Has the nice 5 drive shelf in it as well (but one of my other 950's borrowed it).

http://www.aux-penelope.com/downloads.htm the section with the Apple Logo'd DAT tapes are pics of the software, manuals, and misc that came in the software pack (my pics). I didn't take a picture of the 4 rubber feet that you had to install on the bottom of the wgs95 yourself.

I never ebayed anything, so it will be sticking around here for a while.

U_K: I think I have a NuBus JackHammer SCSI card - innerested?
It's layin' around gathering dust.

Rather see it go to someone who gives a hoot about it!

T

Back