• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: 386 Class Laptop

wdatkinson

Experienced Member
Preferably with some sort of hard drive. Need a minimum of 640K RAM, so I can load DOS. I think that's about it. Battery life is not important so long as I can plug it in.

This laptop will be used to program older Motorola radios that cannot be programmed with todays (even yesterday's) faster computers.

Right now I'm programming with a Tandy TL/2 that is pieced together, and doing the floppy shuffle, hence my desire to find something with a hard drive.

Software is DOS based, so as long as the screen is intact, I can deal with it.

I have a Tandy Laptop

I have a Tandy Laptop

Actually I have two laptops made by the same OEM, one for Tanday and the other for DEC

THey are located n Central PA and I can unbox them to see if either or both will wake up after sittitng on shelf for 8-10 years.

NOte that I did install OS/2 on the DEC so they both have RAM and I knwo one has a real modem

I have two IBM Thinkpads

I have two IBM Thinkpads

I have 2 working IBM Thinkpads. Both are running Windows 3.1 I believe. If you are interested let me know and I will go out to my storage shed and get specifics.

I have 2 working IBM Thinkpads. Both are running Windows 3.1 I believe. If you are interested let me know and I will go out to my storage shed and get specifics.

I am interested, can you tell me:
1. CPU
2. Hard Drive Size.
3. Is Monitor Still working?
4. Overall Condition.

You can email me direct at:

russell
@
tymer.net

Thks

Right now I'm programming with a Tandy TL/2 that is pieced together, and doing the floppy shuffle, hence my desire to find something with a hard drive.

Consider adding a parallel-port ZIP drive. You can't boot off of it, but 100MB in a single place is much more convenient than swapping floppies.

Back