• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

C= 128D Keyboard

Tarkin

...for a recent acquisition from ebay.
I know about Jim Brain's C=Key project, and I have found one
vendor who wants 79$ (!!) for one. Another couple of weeks
and I'll have to cave in to function vs form and buy a C=Key
adapter, but, for reasons of insanity and nostalgia, I'd prefer
an authentic keyboard...

I'm located in Manassas, VA.

Thanks,
Tarkin aka SGM

Ok, people, I couldn't help Tarkin out when he was referred to me by Thomas at Digital Dinos so I sent him here to see if any of you PPR have an extra D KB you want to part with.

How about you, Anders? You're up to your butt in C= stuff?

Unfortunately C128D Keyboards are not easy to find without the computer and they are usually almost as expensive as a complete computer when they surface on eBay.

You could do what I did a for one of my C128Ds... I took a non-functional flat C128 and soldered loose the keyboardconnector on its mobo. Then I soldered that connector to one end of a regular parallellport cable for a PC. That made it possible to connect the flat C128's keyboard (still in the flat case) to the C128D. Worked really nice, and it didn't look too bad either.

// Z

No, I only own one C128D at the moment and that one is complete. From the "PET place", there was not a single C128 related item, only older stuff.

I agree with Zeela, hunt for a broken flat C128 and reuse its keyboard.

Thanks all...

Thanks all...

...for your help.

I had considered the flat C128 route, and the kicker is:
I have one, but in MI. I moved from MI to VA not too
long ago, and had to leave some things in storage.

I had picked up the flat one about a year ago, but
it's drive port suffers from the TS1000/ZX81 RAMpack
wobble.

I'll have to return to MI at some point, so I'll keep an
eye out for the time being, and plan on adapting
the flat.

I predict my desire to play will override my patience,
and I'll end up with a C=Key :^)

I'll pop back in from time to time...I rather
suspect the other half of the Marketplace will
be my undoing, sooner or later...

Thanks again,
Tarkin

Assuming by "flat" you guys mean the "normal" 128 with integrated kb, I've got one of those cases and kb somewhere if there's any interest.

m

Thanks for checking!!

Thanks for checking!!

sssOK. I'm more a function over form guy any way. I'll be contacting Jim Brain about his C=Key unit within a week or so.

Thank you all again!

TTFN,
Tarkin
--
Missing the good 'ol days when nobody really _would_ need more than 640kb

Back