• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T3100e laptop - what's it worth?

jcasetnl

It's a 286 and has a monochrome amber display and 20 MB hard drive. Nice clicky keyboard. One or two megs of ram. Boots right up. Has about ten old school programs on it. Lotus 1-2-3, xtree, Word Perfect 5, etc. I don't have the disks, but I do have three manuals that are in good shape. What would something like this go for?

Thanks in advance!

Market value is hard to determine sometimes for vintage machines. You're in the right place to ask though!

A machine like that one, if in the box with all accessories may go for around $100 to a collector, but without all of its accessories the price drop may be steep.

What kind of condition is the computer in? Major scratches? Is the screen in good shape, or does it have issues? Are all the stickers/decals/logos intact? Does it have the original power supply?

If it were me, and I saw it for $50 as you describe, I may pick it up. Any less and definitely. Any more and it may take some effort :)

IMHO, about $50 if it boots up. This is **JUST MY** estimate, others may disagree. Hope thishelps.

Nathan

What about a working Gridcase 1520? (I didn't know portable old computers had any market at all... not planning on selling atm, because my son and I are playing games on it :), just curious)

Terry is a member here, and he usually is one of the first to snatch up certain things like that laptop. Agree, it's right up his alley. Been a member for a while now, Terry has. Great guy.

Nathan

Market value is hard to determine sometimes for vintage machines. You're in the right place to ask though!

A machine like that one, if in the box with all accessories may go for around $100 to a collector, but without all of its accessories the price drop may be steep.

What kind of condition is the computer in? Major scratches? Is the screen in good shape, or does it have issues? Are all the stickers/decals/logos intact? Does it have the original power supply?

If it were me, and I saw it for $50 as you describe, I may pick it up. Any less and definitely. Any more and it may take some effort :)

IMHO, about $50 if it boots up. This is **JUST MY** estimate, others may disagree. Hope thishelps.

Nathan

Thanks for the info!

I'll check the condition on monday. Offhand I'd say it's "very fine". It looks like it didn't get much use. In fact, I would wager it hasn't been used in probably 15 years.

I don't have the original box but I have three original manuals and an old WordPerfect manual. Also, the power supply is integral and takes a standard PC power cord.

The only internal options would be the extra memory and/or a modem, although the ISA slot could have anything in it.

Not really what you'd call a laptop but a nice machine, despite being a bit large and heavy; bought mine new and still use it regularly to investigate RS-232 issues, since it's one of the few "portables" to have two Com ports.

Some people (myself included) really like the plasma screen, so if you find the right buyer you might get a little more for it.

m

Back