• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Microsoft Academic Office 2007 Ultimate for $60

Sharkonwheels

Veteran Member
Thought some of you might appreciate this...maybe ya got kids in college, or liek in my case, my wife is finishing up her education degree at Florida Atlantic.

Microsoft has a deal, today only, until midnight, for Office 2007 Ultimate for $60. This includes Access, outlook, Word, Excel, powerpoint, Groove, OneNote, etc... ALL of it!

you need access to an email address at a .EDU though.

Go to www.theultimatesteal.com to register.
They will be having Windows Vista Ultimate for $65 on 9/8/2008 at the same web link.

T

No, companies actually DO sell academic copies of their software for dirt cheap, BUT, it comes without any manuals as they figure you'll be learning it in school.

In some cases, even the context help files are missing.

Sharkonwheels wrote:

It actually gets linked out to www.microsoft.com

Oh well then in that case it's fully legit! :-D

Wasn't skeptical about the software not arriving from one of those dealers (although I guess there's some concern about that), though I'd imagine illegal copies of Microsoft software is still around!

A digital copy you cannot transfer to another machine with no support or manuals for $60? Why not just pirate it?

Whatcha' mean?
This isn't the Microsoft Campus license...You can move it.
Others bought it last year, and it's basically the Office 2007 Ultimate retail package.
Gives you the ability to install on 2 machines, desktop and laptop.
And, who gives manuals nowadays? It's all .HLP or .CHM files!
All they include on paper nowadays, MIGHT be an EULA!

T

Sharkonwheels wrote:

Whatcha' mean?
This isn't the Microsoft Campus license...You can move it.
Others bought it last year, and it's basically the Office 2007 Ultimate retail package.
Gives you the ability to install on 2 machines, desktop and laptop.
And, who gives manuals nowadays? It's all .HLP or .CHM files!
All they include on paper nowadays, MIGHT be an EULA!

Why not just scrap the whole idea of wasting $60 bucks and use Open Office instead! It's "FREE", "Legal" to use and Compatable with MS office whatever! ;-)

It's not compatible with some Word 2007 docs, and still can't open PowerPoint 2007 presentations. My wife needs both of those for school, unfortunately.

T

Sharkonwheels wrote:

It's not compatible with some Word 2007 docs, and still can't open PowerPoint 2007 presentations. My wife needs both of those for school, unfortunately.

Okay, I know it's totally full-proof with Word documents - though some simple editing and it's fixed - I haven't had any major problems with it, apart from writing Reports with Indexes with OpenOffice - still it's pretty good for -most- of the Word Documents I get and it's FREE! :-D

From all the PowerPoint presentations I've occasionally received from time to time I haven't had any yet which hadn't been able to manage PowerPoint presentations. Though I'm probably still working with Old Office files! I could see Microsoft changing all that with their 2007 Office programs.

I'd say that while a lot of people are still using Office, a lot of people are still using an illegal copy of it. OpenOffice while it's slightly different to use than MS Office, it's Free & legal and offers near compatibility with MS Office files it's a very good alternative to MS Office, and if people cannot read the files properly it incorporates the ability to export files to PDF! :-D

Back