• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 3000HD Parts

ashbourn

I have been going through pile computers people have brought me in the last few weeks and one was a Tandy 3000HD. Unfortunately the battery had leaked destroying part of the motherboard and case.
I know very little about Tandys and do not know what parts are worth keeping and might have some use to current Tandy users.
There are 2x 5 1/4 Floppys, hard disk, hard disk / floppy controller card, I/O card, video card, memory exp card, power supply (power supply case is rusted by internals look untouched), and various removable DIPs on the motherboard that were undamaged.

If anyone can give me and idea of anything worth saving let me know. Next week I am planing on listing a few items on the for sale / trade forum (mostly PC parts) and hate to toss anything of this Tandy if someone else has a use for it.

Here are a couple of pics of what a battery can do.
hpim0475uf3.jpg

hpim0476ca7.jpg

Wow, just wow. That is totally amazing!

I try to keep up with the battery changing requirements on all of my vintage computers, mainly because Florida is so destructive to batteries left in things (I lost a mini-mag lite due to forgetting to change the batteries!!!), but this gives me even more incentive to continue to do so!

It's difficult to gauge the worth of parts for the T3K because you don't see very many of them around. Anywhere.

I know there is a perfectly well-working one in the US mid-west that someone wants to sell, but I don't know what to advise her concerning a price to go for. Even has an EGA monitor for it.

I've never seen one on Flea-bay or in the local craigslist or on any of the freecycle sites.

Back