• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

wtb: betamax tapes

linemanduke

Veteran Member
i just got a betamax deck and have fallen in love with it but i only have 1 l750 tape. anyone have any tapes kicking around they want to get rid of. I tried at yard sales but they just laugh at me :(.

Believe it or not I have several unopened cases of 50 Sony L250 tapes...let me know if you have an interest. I will not break a case though. I am in Southern California

I have a Sony C9 Betamax, huge thing with a pop-up cassette loader and wired remote control. I can't say I'm as fond of it as you are with yours but perhaps that will change one day!

Beta was technically superior, but VHS, S-VHS, and VHS-C just had more marketing force behind them. I don;t think anyone wanted to pay Sony's outrageous licensing fees.

At least they learned from their past, with Blu-Ray. Again, technically superior to HD-DVD, and licensing fees are more reasonable.

T

wow didn't notice the activity. norm until i get an actual job i don't think i could afford to buy sand ship a case. mike i would be glad to take it off your hands. and paul i just got another deck that's like yours only little earlier and i don't have the remote :p. im uo to three tapes now but my first one wore out so i had to fill it with vhs tape now i have probably an l800 and sumthing. lol

You can still buy brand new blanks for the Betamax - Sony still supports them. I know I can head right down to London Drugs (in Canada) and pick one up tonight if I really wanted to. Not sure where you can get them online though.

Back