• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

printer problems

sjohnson2

i was hoping to ask a printer question, and i didn't know where to post it. :confused:

if this needs to be moved ... i understand ... i am a newbie to posting although i've utilized the forum & information plenty.

anyhow i've put together a new yet slightly older computer. i'm running a pentium and all is well but my newer samsung printer won't work. all drivers seem to be installed fine. the computer shows that the printer is installed. checked printer with my laptop, no problem.
i'm stuck.

if anyone has any suggestions out there, i'd appreciate it. cheers. sam ...

As of vintage refferes to (in most causes) DOS based computers (or in the same or prior era) where Windows (if present) have to be manually started, this should be posted in the Off-topic section if you are reffering to Windows 9x/ME/NT.

However, as for the question, Have you checked that the ink hasn't dried away? Once, I bought a brand new ink cartridge with dry ink. You should also check that you have the cable set up right, and made the Operating System point to the correct LPT port.

If you still got problems, make sure that there are no device conflicts. A nice way is to take out all expansion cards (except for the graphics adapter), and test it then. If it works, insert cards one at a time, and test if it works after each card is inserted. Make sure to turn the computer compleetely off (do disconect the powercord too) before inserting the next card.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with a Brother printer and 98, I haven't figured it out, doubt I ever will.

I was using a parallel LPT connection.

Last edited:
Back