• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Today's Commie haul

wmmullaney

Veteran Member
Hello everyone! I just bought a commodore load, I'm very exited as this is my first experience with the the computer.

For $45 I got:

2 64s
1 64c
1 128
4 joysticks
2 printers
4 disk drives
100s of disks
CP/M (Yay!)
Serial cable
6 power supplies
box of cables
parallel printer adapter
a modem
video cables
2 datasette players
extra rom chips
lots and lots of documentation
program listings
diagnostic papers, repair manuals
BASIC programmer's manual

most of which are boxed, a ton of other stuff I haven't looked through yet.

Look in my Album for pics.

Last edited:
Well, my darn camera hid itself again, I swear it wasn't me, but I got a few low-res shots with my webcam.

Note: Not all of it is in the pictures.

goto my user profile, then the album called "My Collection"

Oh ya, the webcam inverted all the text, so you gotta read backwards. :)

Status of computers:

64 works, 64c works, 128 works but has a few bad springs, 1 64 won't boot. All drives work 'cept a 1541.

Printers untested. (yet)

I know you guys are just itchin to see the rest of my collection, i'll finish uploading when I find my camera.

Great haul -- I'm STILL trying to get a Commodore 128 for a decent price -- you got a darned good deal there!

What is a good deal for a C128? I got my C64c and c128 on ebay years ago when nobody wanted them ($35ish for a c128 and 1571 drive).

Seems to me most vintage stuff (even common items) have gone up in the last 3+ years, and shipping has doubled atleast.

.....goto my user profile, then the album called "My Collection"

Wow, good deal!

I went to have a looksee at your pics and I noticed, with sadness, that the nice 64C was missing a key. Don't you just hate when that happens!
I couldn't resist repairing that for you. Here's the 64C with it's new key :)

Well, at least the 'picture' has a new key :p

Well Vint, it's not actually gone, it's just a spare 64 key on a 64c, it works fine, but it's just a little unsightly. I may consider painting it. I'm sitting here typing on a laptop while the kids play Test Drive on the 64, it's amazing the sound and graphics!

XE1541 cable + PC for Commodore

XE1541 cable + PC for Commodore

Hey,

I had extremely spotty reliability with a xe1541 cable and a PII dell as the 'server' running the free version of 64HDD. It was a commercially made cable too.

It acted like a flaky 1541 disk, sometimes giving the 'drive not ready' error and all. I tried all of the tricks including adding a real disk drive in the serial chain. Maybe I should have tried a different host machine or port..

The C128 is a cool machine (I got one for $2 at a hamfest - no PS). If you get CP/M running I want to talk...

-C

I got cp/m running, I love it.

About the cable, are you sure you had the xe and not just the x? I want to use a laptop running 2000, p4 I think?

I can send you a disk of cp/m for the 128 if you PM me your address.

XE1541 indeed

XE1541 indeed

Hey,

Yes, indeed it was an XE1541 borrowed from a friend that bought a 'professionally made' cable. I even took it apart to verify it. I was running 64HDD under straight DOS on a PII 450, should be plenty fast, but I'll try another host machine.

-C

Back