• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ATI EGA Wonder 800 install into a 5155... help!

Ok, that guy on uncreative labs said he had the same problem but changing the address fixed that... how do I go about doing that?

Ahh, guess I'm screwed... the address jumpers aren't there; just soldered wires.

Yes, but I figured they were like that (instead of jumpers) for a reason... like the card doesn't support the other addresses?

Not necessarily. I guess sometimes they're just too lazy to solder the extra jumper if they figure nobody is going to use it. Some of my Future Domain cards are like this.

This may well be too many years to be of use but if others find this thread then here is the answer.

Likewise I have this card in my 5155 just check the dip switches on the back and jumpers as per this page. I got on / off the wrong way at first for the dip switches so if it doesn’t work then flip them to the opposite side of on / off respectively.

All settings on this page got me working and drivers are here also though I’ve yet to use the drivers..

I have windows 3.0 running on my 5155 (just for kicks) and the cga driver in that works fine.

Hope it’s useful in case anyone else falls across this thread.

Back