• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I found a DOS compatibility Card for Mac (486 with 8mb, and with DOS 6.22 new) today.

QuantumII

Veteran Member
So.. Is this worth anything ?

It's still new in box, with a shrinkwrapped DOS 6.22 on 3,5" floppies.

I believe it's a 66Mhz 486 with a 8MB EDO-ram stick.

Not too much ($20 US maybe?), depending on what brand it is. Is it the PDS version for the 6100 DOS compatible Apple sold? You need special cables to use that and should be included in the box.

It does not have the special cable..

I guess I will save the CPU and Ram stick, and of course the shrinkwrapped Dos 6.2.2 and ditch the rest.

You could just buy the cable, they are not that expensive. But if you have no use for it, not worth spending money I guess. Did it come with a driver disk? Is it the Apple made version or something from Orange Micro?

You could just buy the cable, they are not that expensive. But if you have no use for it, not worth spending money I guess. Did it come with a driver disk? Is it the Apple made version or something from Orange Micro?

Apple sold the rights to the card designs to Orange.

It's Apple-made it seems. I kept the card, but i did not keep the box or anything except the new DOS 6.22.
The DOS card also has a small daugtherboard, with a SB16 vibra chip on it.

Basically it's a mini 486 with a built-in soundblaster. Too bad I don't have a mac to use it in.

There was no driver diskettes in the box. Someone else had tossed it around before I picked it up.

Back