• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

atari game console bits

ozozoz08

Back in the mid 80's my Dad picked up an atari game console from the dump, thought I might want to pull it apart. For some reason I kept the game pad (which has a keypad and joystick), and the processor. Pretty cool.

I haven't seen/heard about one of these in forever.
I had a great time with my old atari. Me & my brother fought over it all the time.
It had excellent games.

whansen, you taking cisco still? I am taking ccna4, and will be so glad when its over. I hope to never again see a cisco router in use. I will be actively lobbying against them in the future :)

My atari consoles consist of:

Heavy Sixer (needs repair, getting it done)
Light Sixer which gets the most play
2600 Jr. with the plastic over the steel strip still (thanks parrtohead aka Mike)
Flashbacks 1 and 2.
7800 with a custom doubledown controller (NES pad with custom board inside, has its own plastic case and everything)

I have a 1/4 ton of games, can't really say a ton. It was my first video game, my Dad bought us a re-released light sixer for $110 brand new with Pac Man.

If youc an score one, do so, they're STILL fun!!

Nathan

I only have a 7800. It's nice, but I'm always scared I'm going to break something by jamming demon attack or cosmic ark in, because of the weird cart. I think I'll get a 2600 in the future just for those and the 5 or so games that are software-incompatible. I have about a... 1/2^16 ton of games, or so. About 30, actually.

whansen, you taking cisco still? I am taking ccna4, and will be so glad when its over. I hope to never again see a cisco router in use. I will be actively lobbying against them in the future :)

ROFL!

I collect certs... CCNA/NP/DA/DP/SP and CCIE #10036 in Route/Switch (along with a ton of other certs)... I'll be going for my Security IE over the next 2 years.

I used to cover El Paso as part of my territory too. ;)

alien, a 2600 is a must-have for any gamer!! I see them pretty cheap most times, easy-get.

channel, that's a lot of certs to have, must get tic-tacs next :lol: I hope to be moving to NM soon, EP is not tech-friendly.

Nathan

Get your CCVP certification and move to Dallas. There are a LOT of jobs around here for voice certified people and they pay REALLY well. Depending on experience you're looking at between 50 to 100k a year.

Plus you can then go to the First Saturday sale and look for old computing gear with me. I'm there every month.

http://www.sidewalksale.com

It's a big computer & electronic flea market in downtown Dallas on the first and third Saturdays every month.

Now, I don't know of anything like that in Georgia, Alien, but you should be able to pick up a 2600 pretty cheap at one of your local thrift stores.

RJ

Hehe....my three year old and I were just playing on my 2600 this weekend. I'm slowly introducing him to the magic of the vintage machines :) Well, ok...it basically consisted of...well, here is a basic program of our routine

10 plug in 2600;turn on tv
20 He puts in a cart and turns it on
30 we play for 20 seconds
40 he says 'I'm done'
50 he turns it off and pulls the cart
60 goto 20

:)

Myself and a couple of friends have a vintage gaming night occasionally though. Coleco, Intellivision, Atari, etc and we hotseat games for an evening. Its a riot.

Myself and a couple of friends have a vintage gaming night occasionally though. Coleco, Intellivision, Atari, etc and we hotseat games for an evening. Its a riot.

I definitely know what you mean, I'm a big fan of videogames from that timeframe - Atari/Intellivision/Odyssey2/Colecovision in particular. Give me "Tron Deadly Discs" for the Intellivision and I'm a happy camper. Here's the systems I have right now:

Atari 2600 (quite a few variants, including the "Darth (Dark) Vader" version)
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Sears TeleGames Arcade (plays A2600 games)
Gemini System (plays A2600 games, it was made by Coleco)
Odyssey2
Intellivision II
Colecovision (plus I also have an ADAM)
Arcadia 2001
Channel F System II
Microvision
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis Models I, II, & III
Sega MegaDrive (Japanese vers.)
Sega MegaDrive (Asian vers.)
Sega CD Model I & II
Sega CDX
Sega 32X
Sega GameGear (regular)
Sega GameGear (Japanese vers.)
Sega PICO
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo NES
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Game Boy/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Advance SP
Couple of original Nintendo Game & Watch
Nintendo Virtual Boy
Nintendo GameCube
TurboGrafx-16
PC Engine (Japanese version of TurboGrafx)
Panasonic 3DO
NeoGeo Pocket
XBOX
PlayStation I & II

I'm sure there's a few more other systems that I have that I can't think of right off the top. For some of those systems I have multiple quantities. Plus quite a lot of games. It's insane. Between all of that plus all the older computer systems, I'm amazed that I have any room left. Time to move to a bigger place! (probably during the spring.)

Last edited:
Back