• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I got my XT yesterday

The LCD is connected to a 16-bit VGA card running in 8-bit mode. It's shared with the P4, where the XT is VGA and the P4 is DVI. A real IBM monitor and a CGA card is on the to-do list...

The LCD is connected to a 16-bit VGA card running in 8-bit mode. It's shared with the P4, where the XT is VGA and the P4 is DVI. A real IBM monitor and a CGA card is on the to-do list...

A CGA card is doable, but you might run into troubble getting a 5153. You problably have to pay loads of money getting one shipped to you.

A CGA card is doable, but you might run into troubble getting a 5153. You problably have to pay loads of money getting one shipped to you.

Hmm yeah I know.. It's gonna cost me.. How heavy is the monitor ?

I have two CGA cards (One I think is a EGA one) so that's not an issue :)

Hmm yeah I know.. It's gonna cost me.. How heavy is the monitor ?

I have two CGA cards (One I think is a EGA one) so that's not an issue :)

I also got a CGA card, but I'll only use the Composite output if I need colours. Else, I'll use my ATI GS to display CGA graphics to my 5151 MDA monitor.

Finding one in great shape is also a big problem, I'm always looking for one myself..

Gee, too bad ya'll are cross the ocean, I've got one extra CGA monitor and card I can get rid of(I'll keep if I can, otherwise store it), but it'd cost an arm, leg, or your first born to get it there.

--Jack

Gee, too bad ya'll are cross the ocean, I've got one extra CGA monitor and card I can get rid of(I'll keep if I can, otherwise store it), but it'd cost an arm, leg, or your first born to get it there.

--Jack

What condition is the monitor in?

:)

Pretty good shape, works perfectly and without screen burn.

Shipping depends on location. $200 is on the high side of it, I'd imagine. 110V.

--Jack

Pretty good shape, works perfectly and without screen burn.

Shipping depends on location. $200 is on the high side of it, I'd imagine. 110V.

--Jack

How much for the screen ? and is it possible to get a more specific shipping qoute (based on weight & size) ?

Accepting offers. Make it worth looking for a box and most probably buying packing peanuts.

Yeah, I can get a more specific quote, but would need a zip code.

--Jack

For shipping a monitor its better to use several layers of thick foam instead
of peanuts. The heavy monitor will settle in the peanuts and probably get damaged. Use at least five inches total thickness all around the monitor. You might want to look into one of those packing places that uses the liquid foam. This is the safest way as the foam is formed to fit the monitor but probably a lot more expensive. If I was shipping something like this I would definitely invest the extra $ in good packaging.

Also, be especially careful with those controls on the lower rear of the monitor. You dont want anything applying much pressure to those during shipment because they're soldered directly to the main circuit board in the monitor. Trust me .... I know about this because I purchased a 5154 EGA monitor and the guy used chunks of cardboard as packaging material and put pressure on those controls.....cracked the main circuit board in the monitor. Fortunately I was able to repair it by jumpering the cracked lands with wires.

Accepting offers. Make it worth looking for a box and most probably buying packing peanuts.

Yeah, I can get a more specific quote, but would need a zip code.

--Jack

For shipping a monitor its better to use several layers of thick foam instead
of peanuts. The heavy monitor will settle in the peanuts and probably get damaged. Use at least five inches total thickness all around the monitor. You might want to look into one of those packing places that uses the liquid foam. This is the safest way as the foam is formed to fit the monitor but probably a lot more expensive. If I was shipping something like this I would definitely invest the extra $ in good packaging.

Also, be especially careful with those controls on the lower rear of the monitor. You dont want anything applying much pressure to those during shipment because they're soldered directly to the main circuit board in the monitor. Trust me .... I know about this because I purchased a 5154 EGA monitor and the guy used chunks of cardboard as packaging material and put pressure on those controls.....cracked the main circuit board in the monitor. Fortunately I was able to repair it by jumpering the cracked lands with wires.

Second that. I won't be happy if I pay $$$ for a monitor and it's shipping just to have it arrive non-working and possibly non-fixable.

Yzzerdd, I'll pay for proper packaging. $40 for the monitor, sounds OK or were you hoping for something else ?

Back