• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My collection

cl3mens

Nothing big or fancy, but it contains the basic stuff I think... :)

1 Apple Newton MP130
1 Apple Macintosh Classic
1 Apple Macintosh LC II
1 Apple Macintosh Performa 400 (just the case, mobo and PSU)
1 Atari 130XE
1 Atari 520ST
1 Acorn A3000
2 Commodore 64 (1 new, 1 bread box)
1 Commodore 128
2 Commodore VIC20
1 Commodore Amiga 500
1 Commodore Amiga 600 (my first!)
1 DEC Alphastation 600 5/333
1 DEC MicroPDP 11/73
1 Dragon 32
1 Goldstar LC-200
1 IBM RS/6000 7024 E30
1 Luxor ABC80 (lots of pheripals, even the service manual with full schematic)
2 Psion Organizer II LZ64
1 Sinclair Spectrum 48K
1 Sinclair QL
3 Sinclair ZX81
1 Spectravideo 318 (in 328-style case)
9 Sun Sparcstation 2
1 Sun Sparcstation 4
1 Sun Sparcserver 5
1 Sun Sparcstation 5
1 Sun Sparcstation 10
2 Sun Sparcstation 20
2 Sun Sparcstation IPX
2 Sun Ultra 1 Enterprise
1 Sun Ultra 5
2 Sun Ultra 10
2 Sun Ultra 60
1 Sun Ultra Enterprise 450

A few things on my wishlist:

* Apple II of some sort, the IIc would be nice
* DEC microVAX or VAXstation
* Sun Sparcserver or Sparccenter
* More of the Sun lunchbox models

Last edited:
Everything but the computer is in my dad's garage due to lack of space, but I think this is everything:

ABC 820 tape drive
ABC 832 (I think, but it could be the 830 as well) It has the Micropolis 1115 drives with doors for the slots
ABC 890 (just the controller card inside)
Users manual and service manual in mint condition

And of course the book "Mikrodatorns ABC" ("The ABC of microcomputers" or something like that) by Gunnar Markesjö and the book ABC Basic. For you that haven't heard about the book "Mikrodatorns ABC", it was THE book about the inner workings of the ABC80 (and other micros) here in Sweden.

Hi,

Do you ever get a chance to play with the Sinclair QL, and what are your impressions of it.

This is a unit that I've got on my wanted list. I've got it there more because it's notable for it's eccentricity rather than impact, but I'm keen to hear impressions from people that have actually used the thing.

Tez

I've played with my QL's. It's a competent little computer. The graphics isn't stunning and it has a built in speaker (as all Sinclair computers :) ).

But it's fast and rather user friendly. The super basic is powerful, and once you get the hang of adressing the micro drives or a floppy you can do wonders with it.

I used a QL in my teens to play games and program a bit. There were a couple of games I do recall as being fun: Cuthbert in Space (which are available on many platforms), Jabber and Cavern.

Assemblerprogramming on the QL is simple and fun as it has a Motorola 68008.

// Z

Hi,

Do you ever get a chance to play with the Sinclair QL, and what are your impressions of it.

This is a unit that I've got on my wanted list. I've got it there more because it's notable for it's eccentricity rather than impact, but I'm keen to hear impressions from people that have actually used the thing.

Tez

I haven't been able to test it since I bought it without the special power adapter. :( It's supposed to be a small 4-pole connector similar to the one's you use with floppy drives in a PC.

Would be fun to play around with, if I ever find an adapter. Linus Torvalds had one of these before buying a PC.

A few days ago I got my HP 200LX 1 MB. Got it at Tradera (ebay owned auction site in Sweden) for 600 SEK (about $85) including postage costs. It didn't take much time for me to fall in love with it, it's the ultimate PDA (backlight would be nice though).

Anyone who owns a 200LX or similar that has managed to get quickbasic 4.5 or 7.1 running on it?

The past week I've found some PDA:s in the garbage at work, a lot of people are moving to a new office and a lot of stuff is getting thrown out. Found a Psion Series 5 (8 MB RAM) and a Palm M500. Also found a boxed copy of Banyan Vines 8.5 with some manuals and a lot of newer PC HW.

A more vintage haul I made at work: http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=12972

Last edited:
A new haul (a BIG one):

11 Sparcstation 2
4 Sparcstation 20 (dual CPU in all of them)
1 Sparcstation 5
3 Ultra 1 Enterprise
1 Ultra 1 Creator
2 Ultra 5
1 Ultra 10
4 Ultra 60 (one had 2*300 GB SCSI and 2 GB RAM!)
Lots of expansion boxes, mostly 411:s but also 611/811/911:s. Mostly HDD:s, but 2 with CD-ROM and 2 with exabyte 8200:s. 3 Multipack-6. + some other tape drives (DDS/DLT/XL)
3:rd party SCSI-boxes, HDD:s/DVD/Exabyte

In januari, 2 Compaq alphaserver DS20e and two DEC Alphaserver 2100 + some scsi-racks will be picked up from the same place.

A bit to modern for this place maybe... :)

I'm planning to give away/trade most of the stuff, some is already gone. For one of the DS20e:s I got an DEC MicroPDP 11/73 (dream come true)!

I've just got it so I haven't had time to inspect it much but it is lacking the front panel and looks a bit rough... Config is 3 MB RAM, RD51 MFM HDD (ST412, 10 MB) and a 15 MHz J11 CPU. I was told that there maybe is a ethernet interface in there. I plan to run RSX-11M on it.. :) Pics will hopefully arrive later when I've put one of my Multipac:s to good use on my webserver...

Thank you Cl3m3ns.

Today and a friend of mine hauled away with almost half of that SUN lot :) Now my storage is packed, I will get around to these fine machines soon. But I'm more eager to play with those Alphas :)

Cheers,
Pontus.

You know, there is still alot of pheripal boxes left... :D I opened those 811 cases (heavy stuff). A full height 5.25" ST41600N (1.3 GB) in each of them. Almost feel bad about giving one away to a dude that came by later and picked up it and a Ultra 1, two Cisco 4000 and some cables. He was going to take it home on the subway and the bus... :)

Back