• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

ASR-33 Teletype

cosam

Veteran Member
Anyone happen to have one they'd be willing to part with? Preferably somewhere in Europe due to logistics, unless it's cheap enough to offset shipping from elsewhere. Fixer-upper would be fine, as long as it's not a complete basket case!

Anyone happen to have one they'd be willing to part with? Preferably somewhere in Europe due to logistics, unless it's cheap enough to offset shipping from elsewhere. Fixer-upper would be fine, as long as it's not a complete basket case!

Join the line :mrgreen:

Not so easy to come by, they do pop up on ebay from time to time. Keep your eyes on this forum though. Someting might just pop up here to ;)

One can but try ;-) There are a couple on eBay right now, although one of them looks like it's been hit by a train...

I think "Sundown79" had an ASR35 up for sale in Holland, I could be wrong about the model though, and it was about 8 months ago.

Yup, I do have a ASR35 in parts for sale, had too take it appart due to space issue's.
Its in big chunks so it shouldn't be too hard to put it back together but you would need some docs probably. All the electronics were stored indoors though. Its just the frame that is in the shed.

Interesting... I'm not familiar with the 35 but have done a quick search and found some info. They look, well, a little less "compact" than the 33 ;-) I'll have a look through the docs I found and see if I can make use of it.

I used to work on Model 35s. They can be maintenance-intensive beasts, but if you keep them oiled and adjusted right, they will work forever. They have a lot of parts commonality with Model 28s, as they were basically an ASCII version of the BAUDOT model 28. I think I may even have some of the model 28 maintenance manuals upstairs. . .but unfortunately, none of the ones for the 35s.

. . .note also that a lot of them were set up for MIL-188C levels instead of RS-232C (6-volt positive mark and 0-volt space). They could also be set up for +6/-6 volt polar operation if the right cards were in the card cage in the bottom of the cabinet, though this configuration was extremely rare.

One big difference besides size when compared to a Model 33 (no parts commonality at all)--they are LOUD when the cover is open.

Back