• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can somebody help me in getting this to Norway ?

QuantumII

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Is there anybody here who can help me with getting this to Norway ?

IBM CGA

(As in buy it, and ship it to me, and I'll pay all expenses + a little extra as a thank-you) I'll pay with PayPal.

It's an IBM 5153 CGA monitor.. The seller do not ship international (I've asked twice) and it's more or less the only person who has these monitors on eBay.

As for shipping it to Norway, I don't want to use USPS, as they kill IBM monitors..

Last edited:
Hi all,

Is there anybody here who can help me with getting this to Norway ?

IBM CGA

(As in buy it, and ship it to me, and I'll pay all expenses)

It's an IBM 5153 CGA monitor.. The seller do not ship international (I've asked twice) and it's more or less the only person who has these monitors on eBay.

As for shipping it to Norway, I don't want to use USPS, as they kill IBM monitors..

You plan using an 110-->230 voltage converter?

Yes, just like I'm using my XT :) I have a powerful one, which can easily run a monitor and a PC at the same time. (the conversion is actually 220 ->110v)

opps...I meant 220-->110v ;)

I'm using a coverter too for my vintage Marantz turntable I shipped over from the states

I use a 240v --> 110v converter on my IBM-PC. Works fine.

Good luck in getting screen shipped.

Tez

Monitor

Monitor

Before you buy it, you might want to email the seller and find out exactly what 'works' means, since by the time you get it, it's going the *pricey*, and you probably don't want to then have to fix it.
patscc

Before you buy it, you might want to email the seller and find out exactly what 'works' means, since by the time you get it, it's going the *pricey*, and you probably don't want to then have to fix it.
patscc

Yes, true true.. I'll ask him now,and see if he bothers with answering me even if I'm not in USA.

But.. I thought those monitors would be fairly common even in Europe? I can ask if any of my Swedish friends (beyond those who already are on this forum) has one in a shed.

I bought the same display form him, the one I got works just as new....

I would be glad to help you out, Talk to tezza, I did not do too bad ;-) sending him his entire 5150 to NZ..

Yes, that PC and screen was extremely well-packed. A box within a box and cocooned in bubble wrap. The PC and screen came in separate boxes.

08-10-13-5150-well-packed-unit-lo-res.jpg

These things can be sent long distances successfully with care.

Tez

I bought the same display form him, the one I got works just as new....

I would be glad to help you out, Talk to tezza, I did not do too bad ;-) sending him his entire 5150 to NZ..

That would be very nice of you too. I already had two other offers, but for you we have proof (Tezza) that it went very well. Did you ship with USPS?

Also, then you could ship it with the 8-bit soundblaster as well ?

Carlsson: Yes, if you can ask your friends that would also be an option.

Ya sure no problem, As many as you want. Ya I shipped it USPS. Seemed the cheapest!

That would be very nice of you too. I already had two other offers, but for you we have proof (Tezza) that it went very well. Did you ship with USPS?

Also, then you could ship it with the 8-bit soundblaster as well ?

Carlsson: Yes, if you can ask your friends that would also be an option.

Back