• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Commodore 64 PAL computer

drk421

Hello,
I'm looking for a PAL Commodore 64.
I don't need the power supply or cables or PAL monitor.
Thanks!

- Drk421

I'm a euro-demo junkie, and I want to see those crazy demos on the real hardware instead of emulators.

Very good point. For the same reason, last year I traded for a NTSC VIC-20 although I don't have any monitor or TV can reliably can display its picture in colour, only B&W.

I suppose an old-style breadbox, a newer C64C or even a C64G would not matter to you as long as it is PAL and working? Not that I really have anything I'd like to part with at the moment, but there may be other Europeans with surplus C64's like Andy.

Yeah, I don't really care the style.
It would be nice to have a breadbox style, just so I can swap the sound chip around.

As for color, its pretty easy to do with a PAL -> NTSC converter. This will convert the color signal and can be found for around $30.

I haven't heard from the other guys in weeks who I PMed about buying one, so I'm bumping this.

Anyone else have one to sell?

Thanks!

That link on the board track is for the sound subcarrier. The one I have has SHORT = G-PAL, OPEN = I-PAL from memory, it's ages since I opened it.

BG

Back