• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Good excuse to list some old junk here

Vlim

Thank God I'm not the only one who decided to save that stuff back then.

Here goes:

Altos 580 with Altos Oasis OS.

CBM 64, slightly modded, 2nd series in 1st series housing with white keyboard.
Complete with Datasette and 1541 drive with built-in parallel copy conversion. Even with Suzo joystick in original box.

CBM PET, 4016 with dual disk drive and one-ton matrix printer (CBM 8024),
No drive cable. CBM has old upgrade to 32k.
CBM PET, 4032, another one and a keyboardless spare (somewhere).

PET #1 (4016) was rescued from the attick of a training institute which had their administration running on it, a very long time ago.

PET #2 (4032) and it's mate were rescued from the tip of a local company that produces insulation material. The PET's were used to run industrial machines until well into the 1990s.

CBM Amiga 2000 with XT Bridgeboard and 68030 upgrade board. with HDD and VGA adaptor.
CBM CDTV with keyboard and external diskdrive, including original box, manuals, etc..

Apple Macintosh+ with external hard drive.

IBM PC/AT 5170 with IBM monochrome monitor. Several IBM dot matrix printers, including a stash of IBM Proprinters. Original IBM/PC DOS 3.2 manuals and disks.

IBM PS/2 (almost forgot that one, with mono/VGA screen).

Bull Micral 65 PC Clone.

Ericsson Portable PC with built in mono plasma screen and printer.

Compaq Portable II

Toshiba T2200SX. Basically a 386 with mono VGA screen, but with the optional DX math processor installed.

(and no place to put it all :D )

Last edited:
Thanks, but I'm based in the Netherlands and I think you'd need a military-grade export license for shipping that amount of weight :mrgreen:

Since most Dutch, and especially those involved in international business, speak English pretty well, the country became a favorite dumping ground for surplus equipment. There was an official Dutch keyboard layout but just about everyone uses the standard US and UK keyboards. Since most software in the 1980s was only available in English and, again, the Dutch can manage the English language pretty well, there was no need or hurry to translate much.

So old PC's were quite abundant at a certain stage, but the really old ones have become a bit of a rarity over here as well.

Here's the beast in the wild, forgot how bloody heavy they were:
It still has the old favorites, Lotus 123, WordPerfect 5.1 and even RMCobol on it. It's running MS-Dos 5.0 at the moment.

51701.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, it's pretty dried out, now, that label and a combination of alcohol and patience will get rid of it.

As for the keyboard grime, I have a very good supply of medical pre-injection swabs. That stuff cleans up the old gunk pretty well.

I use goo be gone or something like that to remove sticker residue, and another product from the same company for marker residue (thrift shops love using marker) and other marks.

Googone should work fine too but a friend told me (when I asked not realizing he had worked at a bookstore for a few years) with college books they used to use butane to get sticky label stuff off of books without harming the book. I'd think it could do the same on plastic but I'm no chemist so who knows what chemicals combined with plastics have alternative affects.

Had a quick look at some of the stuff, as I have nothing better today (bad case of intestinal problems..):

The 8016 PET still boots, needed a little dust clearing (eh, ok, a lot). Assembled in Germany, according to the labels, with a US made MB inside. Basic V4 and 40 column mode. Made in 1980.

The 8032 boots in 80 column mode, again basic v4.

Both PETs suffer from the usual keyboard problems, I remember cleaning the keyboards when I got them, some 12 - 15 years ago.

Also checked my model 30 PS/2, still works fine with a 21Mb HDD.
The Mac+ also works just fine, booted up using the external 20Mb HDD in a Rodine expansion box.

Ah, I would, but I have no space at the moment, and already have an AT.
But before you start dumping anything, tell me..

I just wonder if its Rockwool or Isover for the PET...

Back