• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM PC XT 5160 complete system on eBay (not mine)

They are good if you have a chance to park them first. My recent purchases, the guy couldn't get it to boot up completely, so no "park.com" for me :(

They are good if you have a chance to park them first. My recent purchases, the guy couldn't get it to boot up completely, so no "park.com" for me :(

Oh, the good ol' days of park.com.

That happy half-second flash of the HD LED that spoke to you without words, letting you know that "Everything will be okay..."

sigh

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have exactly the same setup as that, but I also have the acrylic stand for the printer! Anyone want to give me $2000 for a quick sale? :lol:

I'll give you $ 10 for the acrylic stand - you'll have to get the other $ 1990 from someone else.

The IBM PC XT 5160 seller can't be as happy as the seller of this IBM PC 5150: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140303615630.

Did anyone notice how the text on the monitor looked white instead of green? I wonder if the seller was trying to "de-yellow" the system by photoshopping the pictures of it to make it look nice and new.

I must lament the passing of the days when I could get a 5160 in working condition for $10, carry it home (I was stronger back then) then return to the thrift store for the slipcase documentation (with disks) so I could test it all out overnight. I think that era is gone forever.

I actually have most of what was offered in that auction, but I wouldn't sell it for $4000. No printer stand, but I have three extra ribbons. No extra drive, but I can get one and know how to take the TR out/in. No gold co-processor...ah, that must be it :)

Sean

Back