• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Goodwill outlet finds

::starts googling Goodwill Outlet locations::.. hm.. girlfriend is away this weekend. I'll let you know what I find. ;-)

::starts googling Goodwill Outlet locations::.. hm.. girlfriend is away this weekend. I'll let you know what I find. ;-)

I have found that persistence is key. I could go for weeks without finding anything, and then the computer gods smile and I make a great haul.

Yeah my friends and I used to make "the rounds" each weekend between our Goodwill computer store and half-price books and yeah it used to pay off and persistence was certainly a key. After a while though it became less worth the commute and died down. These outlets though may offer some cool stuff that doesn't get caught in the regular rotation though so I may try a few lunches to swing out there.

Yeah my friends and I used to make "the rounds" each weekend between our Goodwill computer store and half-price books and yeah it used to pay off and persistence was certainly a key. After a while though it became less worth the commute and died down. These outlets though may offer some cool stuff that doesn't get caught in the regular rotation though so I may try a few lunches to swing out there.

I've certainly found the Outlet stores far more interesting than standard Goodwills. Be warned, they aren't for the faint-hearted. There are people there who's entire livelihood is based around stuff they buy there (around here it's the booksellers) and they can get a bit pushy. On the other hand, what I tend to look for, no one else seems to want ;)

lol sounds so weird.. eh, don't matter to be.. vintage computer and I'll throw elbows right back. j/k

After a slight drought, I wound up with a Commodore 128D (with no keyboard :() A Colecovision and for only the 3rd time in the 20+ years I've been thrifting/garage saleing - A VECTREX! With 2 controllers.

Nice score with that Vectrex!! I've been hoping to find one out in the wild for a long time now, no such luck though. I have about 5 cartridges for the darned thing, just no system to play them on. Same situation with my Bally Astrocade cartridges. One of these years, I hope .... ;)

So how much did you pay for the Vectrex anyway?

Nice score with that Vectrex!! I've been hoping to find one out in the wild for a long time now, no such luck though. I have about 5 cartridges for the darned thing, just no system to play them on. Same situation with my Bally Astrocade cartridges. One of these years, I hope .... ;)

So how much did you pay for the Vectrex anyway?

$4 :) I sympathize about the Astrocade. I've been looking for one for ages, I've kept my copy of Bally Basic w/ cassette interface just on the off chance I ever find one.

Back