• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

6000HD Opinions and help.

I have no idea, it depends which cards and stuff you want.

Actually, the case offer was to Kelly.

Actually, I'm a tech as well, and worked as the Tandy computer repair depot manager here for a lot of years. I took the 68K CPU card out of my working 16B and used a curve tracer to do an A-B comparison between the two cards (I checked all the buffers first) and all the traces were identical.

I must have missed something in the discussion. I can find a top for it later. Basically all I need right now are the 68k CPU, RAM and HD controller cards, preferably all working but I may have to take what I can get and just do some shot-gunning if all else fails. Some screws to hold the thing together would be useful - primarily to hold the power switch in place and the front to the case bottom. If those screws are unusually large or typically difficult to find then I will need to get them from someone. The external controller you have probably wouldn't be useful to me as I don't have an external drive.

Not having used a curve tracer myself I always thought they were more useful for testing op-amps, FETs and transistors in general. Using them to test digital logic never occurred to me though I guess it could render a result as a component test.

Well, I'll have to look inside my 16BHD unit and see if there is any real difference between the hard drive controllers and let you know. The 16BHD has provisions for an internal and external drives and I will compare the two controller boards.

I MAY be able to come up with a list of screw sizes and threads for the various ones you are missing. The 6000 is just a slightly different case design over the 16B.

I thought you were missing the Tandon slim-line drive in your unit as well. Is the drive cage still there?

As I said, I will have a 68K CPU (currently unable to read any of my 68K memory cards) and the memory card, with the connecting cables, a HD controller (that may or may not work in the 6000), a high-res graphics card and a pair of Tandon 1.25MB(?) drives available if Kelly wants the case.

Well, I'll have to look inside my 16BHD unit and see if there is any real difference between the hard drive controllers and let you know. The 16BHD has provisions for an internal and external drives and I will compare the two controller boards.

I MAY be able to come up with a list of screw sizes and threads for the various ones you are missing. The 6000 is just a slightly different case design over the 16B.

I thought you were missing the Tandon slim-line drive in your unit as well. Is the drive cage still there?

As I said, I will have a 68K CPU (currently unable to read any of my 68K memory cards) and the memory card, with the connecting cables, a HD controller (that may or may not work in the 6000), a high-res graphics card and a pair of Tandon 1.25MB(?) drives available if Kelly wants the case.

Depending on costs I would like the drive, but I have no idea what the shipping rates are in Canada. :)

Here is what I do want:
RAM
HD Controller (If I can use it)
High Res Card (oh, what the heck) :)
1 8" Drive depending on cost.

And to know how much all this will cost me. I mean I know this stuff is rare. :) I can't take out a loan to buy it though.

Back