• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Broken Commodore PET

Raven

Veteran Member
I know this is an odd request, but I'd like an unfixably broken Commodore PET. I love this case design, and would like to mount a modern computer in it, but would never have the heart to strip a functional one.

Preferably it would have a functional monitor, and a non-chiclet keyboard.

Commodore_PET_2001-32.jpg

To reduce shipping, you can strip most of the computer's boards, as they will be unnecessary.. However, if it's pickup it'd be neat to have them.

Anybody?

I'm afraid the monitor will be of little use to you if you'd insert a modern PC into it, well except for props if you're going to use an external monitor instead. The keyboard may be possible to convert, although it has nowhere near the amount of keys you require.

I've made all sorts of monitors work with modern PCs, including 6" black and white TVs. I've got everything required to convert signals.

Assuming that the monitor is properly useless, I'll make some sort of special output, perhaps use it like a G15 monitor and use an external for the main view. In fact, maybe I'd convert the PET into an oversized keyboard with accessories (some external disks, etc. mounted inside)

As for the keyboard, I'd need to know more about the physical layout and boards that control the keyboard, as I've never had a PET (just seen them online, so pretty). If unconvertable, I'd mount something along the lines of an IBM Model M, and paint the keys (or use the PET keycaps, if possible).

Back