• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Atari 520ST Value?

gerrydoire

Veteran Member
Atari 520ST Computer new in original box.

What would a computer like this be worth?

I'm looking to buy one, need a general idea what one like this would cost.

Thanks!

How much would you spend for one?
That's how much it's worth (to you).

I got mine, unboxed with one floppy drive, for $5 plus shipping.
That's how much it was worth to me.

How much would you spend for one?
That's how much it's worth (to you).

I got mine, unboxed with one floppy drive, for $5 plus shipping.
That's how much it was worth to me.

Unlikely I would ever get one that cheap :D

dont remember what i paid for mine.. but i wouldnt sell it for five bux.. of course it isnt really new but it is boxed.. with matching drive.. no monitor tho.

recent ebay sales range from about $8-$50.. none with boxes.. shipping can ad a few $$ to the sales price. one nicely complete system (Item number: 280326888961) went for $26 (+shipping) it included a megafile 30, mouse, and monitor too!

these things may be difficult to find in some areas but they dont seem to bring huge amounts of $$.

dont remember what i paid for mine.. but i wouldnt sell it for five bux.. of course it isnt really new but it is boxed.. with matching drive.. no monitor tho.

recent ebay sales range from about $8-$50.. none with boxes.. shipping can ad a few $$ to the sales price. one nicely complete system (Item number: 280326888961) went for $26 (+shipping) it included a megafile 30, mouse, and monitor too!

these things may be difficult to find in some areas but they dont seem to bring huge amounts of $$.

How much would you pay for a new one?

How much would you pay for a new one?

not much at this point.. i am looking to downsize.

i know it is not apples to apples but judging by recent ebay sales they dont seem to bring big bux.. NIB units would likely bring more $$. but how much more depends on how badly the buyer wants it and how eager the seller is to be rid of it.

if you seriously want one check out:
http://www.myatari.com/ataristh.txt

they have a 520STFM - 1 MEG NEW 320.00 and 520STFM W/RF NEW 250.00

they dont say if boxes are included.

not much at this point.. i am looking to downsize.

i know it is not apples to apples but judging by recent ebay sales they dont seem to bring big bux.. NIB units would likely bring more $$. but how much more depends on how badly the buyer wants it and how eager the seller is to be rid of it.

if you seriously want one check out:
http://www.myatari.com/ataristh.txt

they have a 520STFM - 1 MEG NEW 320.00 and 520STFM W/RF NEW 250.00

they dont say if boxes are included.

That list helps alot, nice to have a ballpark figure on things.

Sad to say but the ST(FM(E)) machines don't bring in the big bucks, at least not in Europe. Here you can get an ST any day of the week for $5-$10. Boxed a bit more but not much

Sad to say but the ST(FM(E)) machines don't bring in the big bucks, at least not in Europe. Here you can get an ST any day of the week for $5-$10. Boxed a bit more but not much

How about one that is still brand new?

Back