• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hello

cess120

Hello everyone. I am a new member of this site.

My interests are Amateur Radio and Vintage computers.

My background is:

Electronic tech 60 years + I worked for Heathkit at the Seattle Store 1980 to 1988. I was the Amateur Radio, Computer and television tech.

1988 to 2002 I worked for Boeing flight simulation as shop manager.

My favorite Computer is the Heathkit H11/H27. I have all the service doc's for all the Heath/Zenith computers. If any one needs info please contact me.

Thank you

Larry

My brother used to put together a lot of Heathkits way back when. I was just a kid then, (65 now), he's 72 - but I enjoyed playing with the stuff he built. Mostly along the stereo gear line. When Heathkit got into computers I was amazed with their machines - I used to drool over the H89 all-in-one,

picture.php

but alas they were too costly for me.
So, welcome in - hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thanks

Thanks

Lou,

I have lots of parts for the H11 and H27. If you need anything let me know. I am interested in getting a hard drive on my system. Any advice on what to look for? I looked at your pictures. I have a M8186 11/23 card but it won't work with my H11. Any ideas? I used to have an H11 with a M8186 and it worked ok. My brd is good.

Hope to hear from you soon

Thank you

Larry

Thanks

Thanks

My brother used to put together a lot of Heathkits way back when. I was just a kid then, (65 now), he's 72 - but I enjoyed playing with the stuff he built. Mostly along the stereo gear line. When Heathkit got into computers I was amazed with their machines - I used to drool over the H89 all-in-one,

picture.php

but alas they were too costly for me.
So, welcome in - hope you enjoy your stay :)

Thank you for responding

Larry

Wow Larry, quite an impressive background. Nice to meet you and welcome to the board :) HAM shows are great places to find some of that gear as well, let alone other interesting items and folks.

That's awesome that you got to work on all those kits and heath projects. A lot of that was before my comprehensive time (I was busy hunting around for candy and toys probably) but I'd have loved to been there to enjoy those experiences so I'm quite envious.

Looks like you've already found a few like minded folks so off to a good start :)

Have fun!
- John

Back