• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Play WoW on mobilephone?

JT64

Experienced Member
Which mobile will be first with HDMI and PC gaming like WoW?
What resolution does mobiles today offer over composite video?

Could they support SVGA graphics out?

I understand mobilephones quite cabable these days TV-out, Nvidia 3D graphics, DirectX 10, wireless and Windows.

Would be nice to hook up phone with HDMI to TV and bluetooth to mouse and keyboard.

I guess the first mobile that you can play WoW on will attract alot of people.

JT

Maybe they should brand it WoW!!! phone :gape::frankenstein:

Ok let's see

Sony/Ericsson WoW!!!
Panasonic WoW!!!
Nokia WoW!!!
Samsung WoW!!!
HTC WoW!!!
Motorola WoW!!!

Hard to say what's it going to be, maybe a Blizzard WoW!!! phone.

Is there any online 3D gaming over 3G, GPRS or other mobile net already?
I know netpoker and other online applications already used, but serious gaming?

Would 3D gaming be to slow over mobile networks? If a mobile support wireless how what protocol do they use and what speeds are we talking about 11 Mbits or less?

JT

Combine it with a HDTV that support split screens and input selection from 2 to 4 sources and you have some serious multigame playing for family.

I doubt the parents will be able to watch their news on tv though if it do not support 4 split screen sources and A2DP audio. But heck skip it they can play WoW too.

JT

Not that long ago I read an article about a new phone (or PDA) people were bragging about with a new 3d processor. I'm just trying to remember where I saw it or what it was. http://gear.ign.com/articles/594/59...emos-first-720p-playback-from-a-mobile-phone/ also a year or two old technology. Maybe searching slashdot will reveal some.

I kind of thought there was a beta of WoW for phones out also but I could be thinking Second Life. I imagine it has to be a very dumbed down version of any application though.

The only cool game I found and played was Worms World Party (not the most graphic intense game, but it does have the falling leaves, etc and kind of good animations) on my older HTC 8125, it only lagged here and there and I imagine the newer versions of the phone would do pretty well. Unfortunately they switched me to a corporate blackberry :-/ so about the best graphics I'm getting is brick breaker. (Actually there's a Zelda game but from what I read it still has bugs but is as good as it's gonna get so I never tried it).

Not that long ago I read an article about a new phone (or PDA) people were bragging about with a new 3d processor. I'm just trying to remember where I saw it or what it was. http://gear.ign.com/articles/594/59...emos-first-720p-playback-from-a-mobile-phone/ also a year or two old technology. Maybe searching slashdot will reveal some.

I kind of thought there was a beta of WoW for phones out also but I could be thinking Second Life. I imagine it has to be a very dumbed down version of any application though.

The only cool game I found and played was Worms World Party (not the most graphic intense game, but it does have the falling leaves, etc and kind of good animations) on my older HTC 8125, it only lagged here and there and I imagine the newer versions of the phone would do pretty well. Unfortunately they switched me to a corporate blackberry :-/ so about the best graphics I'm getting is brick breaker. (Actually there's a Zelda game but from what I read it still has bugs but is as good as it's gonna get so I never tried it).

I see many phones with 628 Mhz processors, we just bought a NokiaExpress music how does it compare with a Pentium 500 Mhz computationally?

I am not sure, but i think that Wow would be playable on a 500 Mhz pentium with a fast graphiccard, question is how fast is Nvidias mobile chipsets?

I saw people on youtube tried out gaming on mobiles with VNC and other clients i am not sure what client have the best graphic performance maybe a Citrix client?

I have computer at the TV but i look forward for less noisy and less energy greedy products like mobilephones/computers with prestanda of a 2 Ghz home computer.

I think the day when they start selling movies on USB rom, memories not that far away. Who really wants those noisy optical mechanical readers anyway?

But of course collectors always stick with nice covers with graphics, look nice in the bookshelf. A fingernailsized rom just doesn't look that fancy in the bookshelf.

On the other hand one have to wander if personal copies, of copyrighted media and data licensed products, always going to be sold direct to consumers.
Maybe all media products and data applications, will reside on servers in the future. But i guess that would really be a big brother society. Along way in the future or will it never happen?

JT

I think it not only will be

Back