• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Found my PCjr

Starshadow

Experienced Member
A while back, about 8 years ago, I was working for a flea market vendor as his computer tech. He got an awesome load that was a mix of early pentiums( the machines I refurbed for him to sell) and various vintage computers, which I was given because he was just going to trash them anyway. In this load was my recently restored Apple IIe as well as the ones I used for parts, several C64s, several Apple IIcs, and a PCjr. I stored all this in an old building on my property. About 4 years ago that building was vandalized, half my machines were shot with shotguns :hunter:, and the windows were shot out, except one where my Coleco Adam was thrown through instead :killcomputer:. The remaining systems that weren't used for target practice were now exposed somewhat to the elements due to the windows being busted out. I went down there today and decided to take inventory on what was still salvageable and was surprised to find that many of the C64s, an Apple IIc, and my PCjr seemed to have fared quite well. I brought back the system unit of the PCjr and cleaned it up good. I found that I have a mouse, wireless keyboard( I think its a third party one), and a PCjr monitor thats made by IBM, but looks different than the usual one you see pictured with a PC Jr.
Only thing I don't have is the power supply ( why is it always the power supply with the machines I find :hammer:)

anyway here's a Pic of the system unit after a good strip down and cleanup session.

Anyone have the Pinouts and to the PCjr's power plug, and the machine's power requirements?

Attachments

• pcjr 001.jpg
    pcjr 001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks to one of the admins here (mbbrutman) I have an extra PCjr power adpapter that I would be willing to give you if you will cover the shipping cost. Send me a PM if you are interested.

What did you do to the vandals? I know how I would feel.

they were never caught unfortunately. As far as I know they struck during the year I was living in Orange Park, and since I'm the only one in my family that's into vintage computers, no one really paid any attention to the building, as that was all it was being used for.

I'll keep that PSU in mind, at the moment, I'll need to wait until I get some more money.

Once I make room in my other building thats closer to my house, I'll retrieve the PCjr Monitor from the "Boneyard Building" ( what my vandalized building is now known as).

Last edited:
Thanks to one of the admins here (mbbrutman) I have an extra PCjr power adpapter that I would be willing to give you if you will cover the shipping cost. Send me a PM if you are interested.

And there are more of those where that one came from. ;-0

Mike

Yes. I personally have never bothered to put batteries in my PCjr keyboard and have always used the keyboard cord. I think it may have been an option so don't know where you could get the keyboard cord today if you don't have one already.

Back