• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

AT&T 6386 WGS Keyboard needed!

johnorun

Experienced Member
I rescued a working AT&T 6386 WGS recently and I need an AT&T keyboard to make it useful.
This keyboard has a special 9 pin plug that looks the same as a male serial connector, but it has a proprietary pin out.
I've heard that other ATT 6000 or 7000 series keyboards have the same connector.

I'd be really thankful for any clues to where I might find one of these scarce parts. :)

This is a beautifully built PC, but unusable at this point!!!

Do you know if any of the Olivetti keyboards work as they also have a 9 pin connector and I might have a few of those spare.

Do you know if any of the Olivetti keyboards work as they also have a 9 pin connector and I might have a few of those spare.
I don't know and I would hate to have you send one from overseas only to find out it doesn't work.:eek:
Fortunataly, I searched and found a vintage parts supplier yesterday in New Jersey that has some used, working AT&T keyboards for only $25 = shipping.
I ordered one and I'll post when I confirm it works ok.

Thanks!

Good news-I finally got the correct keyboard for my AT&T 6386 computer! It was in like new condition and I think it was a good deal for $25. plus shipping.:)

I have to highly recommend the place I found it, since they sent out and let me try a second keyboard at their expense, since the first one wasn't compatible.:D

The company, Computer Trade Exchange, is located in East Hanover, NJ and the two owners, Brain and Kevin, are great to work with and went out of their way to find me the right part.:clap:
The can be reached here and they carry lots of hard-to-find vintage computers and parts, from Mainframes to PCs.
www.computertradeexchange.com

Back