• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WANTED: Commodore PET Key Tops

hexsane

Experienced Member
I need return and right shift key tops for a PET 4032. Prefer just the key tops but will accept a keyboard. Don't care of they are worn just need them to securely hold on to the keyboard.

-Matt

A bit out of my price range. This PET looks like it was dropped from the back of a truck. It works but not really looking to put a lot into it. Just something I'm playing around with.

-Matt

Unless someone like MikeS has keycaps to offer, I can look in my pile. Since they won't weigh much, shipping will be moderate, either $1.50 or $4.50 depending on whether they weigh more than 20 gram together.

That would be great. I'm already getting annoyed while hitting the nubs that should be return and right shift. :)

-Matt

As a matter of fact, I do have a couple of spare 4032 keyboards and one is already missing a key; took it over to Dru's place for his 4032 and ended up bringing the 4032 home instead.

Mind you, it'll probably take as long and cost as much to mail from Toronto as it would from Sweden ;-)

Why not *carefully* move one of the less-used keys over for the time being?

If you like, send me $5.00 and a PM with your address and I'll get them out on Monday. Make sure that the keystems are OK, and I assume you also need the springs?

mike

Last edited:
Actually I have the springs and a black "nub" that the key cap should affix to. Hard to explain without visuals. Sending PM.

-Matt

keys.jpg

pet.jpg

Visuals ;)

Last edited:
Actually I have the springs and a black "nub" that the key cap should affix to. Hard to explain without visuals. Sending PM.

-Matt
---
Well, there are at least two types of keyboards and of course the one I'm scrapping for keys is the other type and has completely different keyswitches and keystems ;-)

But I compared it to one of the others which are like yours, and fortunately the actual keytops are the same, so they're on the way. Let me know when they get there.

mike

Back