• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Dispensing with my IBM PS/2

irishmike

Experienced Member
Greetings:

If anyone has been following my Atari ST threads, you know I am looking for a Link 2 or Link 97 SCSI adapter for one. If you have one of these illusive beastys, I have a trade proposition or will sell my gear.

Friday (July 24, 2009) I am taking the carcass of my IBM PS/2 Model 95 up to our local recycler, but before I do, I am taking out the MCA cards that it contains as well as the memory.

That means that I have an MCA SCSI 1 card, an XGA card and 486DX2 66 Processor card that can be used in other PS/2's I also will be glad to include the reference disk for the machine so the files are available for those cards.

I will take $100 USD plus shipping for all three cards. OR if you have the adapter I am looking for, I would trade for it.

If you have interest in buying the MCA cards or have the Link 2 or Link 97 Atari ST SCSI adapter and would like to trade for the cards, please PM me and let me know.

Hope the cards can do someone some good.

Last edited:
Under advisement, I also decided that I will hold off on recycling the machine and leave it as a whole unit. It will have no hard drive. But if someone would like to buy the whole machine (or trade as outlined in my previous post) for the same $100 plus shipping (note it is VERY HEAVY), then it is up for sale.

Let me know if you would like it.

I didn't have any CD-ROM bezels... the hard drive mounts are also not the original IBM mounts. They are generic rails that seem to work ok. But I do have all the slot covers and the case is actually in excellent condtion. I have a picture of the machine on my blog site http://www.jmikeneedham.net/?m=200903.

Hopefully someone can actually use the box.

Since I was able to find the SCSI hard drives I need to make my machine go, I have decided not to get rid of it! I am going to have to find time to work on it, but it is definitely going back into service soon!

If someone does have an actual IBM CD-ROM and mounting bezel/rails for an 8595, I would like to hear from you!

Gotta love the IBM's :-D

Back