• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Socket 3 Motherboard

kvanderlaag

Experienced Member
Hello everyone. I'm pretty new around here - I've been reading for a long time, but never signed up until...well, now. I hope that won't discourage you from selling stuff to me, though. I promise I'm a good buyer; prompt, easy to deal with and all that jazz.

I'm looking for a Socket 3 motherboard for a 486 - I plan on sticking a 100MHz Overdrive chip in it, if that makes a particular difference.

My only preferences are that it's AT-format, takes a reasonable number of 72-pin SIMMs, and ideally it has at least one PCI slot. I know the last requirement is kind of limiting, but I'm looking to build a versatile 486 box, and I figure the PCI thing makes it the best balance of forward-compatible and backwards-compatible.

I don't NEED RAM, per se, but if the board's got it in there and you want to get rid of it together, I'm not going to complain.

I'm looking to pay somewhere in around the ~$50 mark - if this is unreasonable, please let me know. I'm not totally in the loop regarding prices on this sort of stuff, but I've seen a couple floating around on eBay and in a couple of dealer's refurb stock for around there.

I'm in Canada, so shipping might get a bit dicey depending on where you are - I'm okay with that. We'll talk.

I can do PayPal, or if you're miraculously a Canadian, Interac E-mail Money Transfer.

Thanks. =)

Last edited:
Heh, I have that board. Might have the jumper settings somewhere.

That is the board I ran my Cyrix M1SC on (5x86).

Great board! Mine is a Shuttle HOT 433 with the orange PCB (there was also a green one). That one, happily, has 4 PCI slots (and no VLB).

But yours seems to be just as good - supports the Pentium Overdrive 83 MHz and 256 MB of RAM.

As a side note, that computer is now installing Windows XP. That processor is the bare minimum for that (there was also a 63 MHz version).

What I'm aching to find out (but can't afford it yet) is, will four of these be supported? :D

http://www.memoryx.net/32mbx326e.html

Even if the same page says only two slots would be filled for 256 MB, resulting in 2 x 128 MB sticks being installed (and so, I'm assuming that the 128 MB module was already invented at the time).

Back