• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Acquired: Mac IICi

If he cold boots anyway. If he needs a pram battery then replacing it is probably the next step to take on this machine.

I was wondering about that memory usage!

Yes, I will have to find one of those batterys soon.

I was wondering why they made the mouse cable so short... Until I realized you can plug it in the keyboard...

Turns out there is an issue with the sound. Internal speaker does nothing. I plugged some powered speaks on the rear input, and the volume is super quiet.
Wonder if a cap is bad?

(yes the system sound is turned up)

Last edited:
I think thats another common issue, though are the external speakers you used amplified or passive? Some Macs provide enough power to drive a speaker through that port while on some its line level and requires amplified speakers. The internal speaker amp getting weak however is a common problem. Its a shame because that oval is a decent sounding speaker.

Hmm. But it is still making the sounds at least. I'd go for a small Amp with Phonograph inputs. They are more sensitive than normal line in. Just go easy on the Mac's volume, it might still exceed the reccomended input level at full volume, you might have to tweak it some.

When I installed the Asante card, the link light was flashing.
I hooked it up to an el cheapo 10/100 switch and then presto!

P.S. if you have an Asante card like I have, don't jumper JP2. I think that's for the other connector, not the RJ45.

I then FTP'ed Netscape to the mac and.....

normal_CIMG0742.JPG

How did you do that? I have a Performa-era Mac that has an Ethernet card installed and I haven't been able to get it to work.

How did you do that? I have a Performa-era Mac that has an Ethernet card installed and I haven't been able to get it to work.

Make sure in preferences the network setting is pointed to the ethernet and not the serial port.

What's not working?

I had to download the drivers (not sure if you need to or already did).
Then I downloaded Open Transport and installed it. From there, go into the TCP/IP control panel and set it do get IP from server.

My card had issues with my auto sensing netgear switch. The link light was constantly flashing, so I had to use an el cheapo 10/100 switch.

Was a PITA.

Back