• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Kaypro 2 For Sale in Pennsylvania

Vercus

Experienced Member
EDIT: The Kaypro has been SOLD!

Hello all,
I've decided to offer my Kaypro 2 for sale. It's in great shape, I just have too much stuff, and not enough money or time to use it.

I bought this at VCF this year, if anyone remembers seeing it on the swap table. It's really clean cosmetically, the screen works great and has plenty of brightness and text is crisp. You don't have to have the knob all the way up to see the screen clearly.

As some may recall, I don't have the ability to make disks for it, so I haven't been able to boot it up. All I can say is the screen lights up and displays the proper "insert disk in drive A" prompt, and the drive spins and seeks properly. I have both paper inserts for the floppy drives to prevent head damage during transport.

I posted pictures HERE

As you can see, this thing's in great shape. All keys are present and work properly. There is one screw missing in the top. The analog video board for the monitor had a crack that was repaired very well by the former owner (VCF member whose name I forget). He was coordinating the visuals for the band at VCF.

All in all, a great machine that will no doubt perform well in the right hands. I just don't have the equipment to take advantage of it sadly. I'd like to get $50 for it, which I think is reasonable for a Kaypro in this condition.

I live near Stroudsburg, PA 18360, so if anyone is local and would like to check it out in person, you're welcome to. Otherwise, I'll have it professionally packed and shipped, and payment could be done via PayPal.

Let me know what you think...

-Jon

Last edited:
I'd like to buy this, I'll paypal you as soon as I get the go from you. I'll be in that area next Friday and Saturday if you'll hold it till then.

Kipp

Back