• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Probable Fraud Warning

cgrape2

Experienced Member
bolly92 is probably a crook.I did send money for a Toshiba Laptop and since then have heard nothing.Sigh....I had hoped that dishonest folks would stay away from our forum,I was wrong.I'll let PayPal help me out and maybe a good end will come of this.(I'm not holding my breath tho)
cgrape2

I always have a look at a persons other posts, before I deal with them.
This one has a few posts but they're always selling, and asking for offers.
IE: not your typical VCF member/collector, so to me, reason to be wary.
It sucks, but live and learn.

bolly92 is probably a crook.I did send money for a Toshiba Laptop and since then have heard nothing.Sigh....I had hoped that dishonest folks would stay away from our forum,I was wrong.I'll let PayPal help me out and maybe a good end will come of this.(I'm not holding my breath tho)
cgrape2

That sucks...I hope it works out in your favour in the end.

Maybe a mod/admin can assist by getting you the offenders IP address and email address (this info is readily available to them through the software, no digging in logs necessary). Doing a whois on the IP would probably yield their approximate location which gives you some additional information to warn people with, plus of course the email.

If I ripped someone off and took no corrective measures, I'd expect nothing short of the same against me.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone Well My name is Mike i'm a College Student Well i have More than 5 Years Selling Wireless Router ,Cable Modems,Notebook Cards,adapter and Much more Flexible Prices
Well i do this Just to make a little Extra No to be Rich .....

i have most all Brands linksys,netgear,d-link,motorola let me know what Kind are you Looking For . i may Can help you

Shipping Charger is $4.95 for each item
if you get more than 3 is only $3 for item
also i have item with free Shipping...

HERE IS MY SITE
http://mikenetworkusa.webs.com/

Types like a Nigerian Scammer.

Least there is some contact info on his website:
Email:MikeNetworkusa@gmail.com

Call me at (760)562-2297

Types like a Nigerian Scammer.

Least there is some contact info on his website:
[KishyCensor]

Call me at [KishyCensor]

Oh I think I saw that ad too and thought it seemed...fraudish.

I had been selling a PlayStation 3 on both Kijiji and Craigslist. Kijiji ad got real replies from interested people. CL ad got 4 replies from people claiming to be in the US asking for shipping quotes to their Zip codes...apparently Nigeria uses the same Zip code system the US does because I went and looked them up and they were in Nigeria.

One person who genuinely did provide a US address...I had got the shipping quote for them and all that, was ready to send it out and they sent payment by "PayPal". I put that in quotes because it wasn't real PayPal (that's one to watch out for sellers - the email was REALLY convincing, every detail was correct, I compared it to a real one, except when I logged into PayPal the money wasn't there).

People are frustratingly disappointing, both on the selling and buying end of things.

(info removed as situation was resolved)

Last edited:
While I understand posting the data, and have even done it myself in the past, there can be other explanations (death in the family, accident, etc.) that explains some delay. He did say ¨Imperial Valley¨ before, and while not specific, all of the leads do point to southern California. Yes Kevin, it is Spanish.

He looks too pale to be (at least native) Nigerian, and would have been married (or posing as married) for earlier this year. Last activity is on the 5th of this month here. It´s easy to get a few leads out there on the Net.

To put the start of my post in context, would somebody be posting they were ripped off by Terry?...

My hope was that nobody would quote my post so I'd be able to edit it if further developments proved he was making an effort to right his wrong.

If you don't mind please remove the quote from your message so I can effectively do that should that happen.

I'm not sure who Terry is, but if he has a good record around here with at least several successful dealings and presented his items in a 'professional' way, I would give him more flexibility than someone who still has everything to prove.

Again I'll edit that post as appropriate if I see the issue is resolved.
Edit: the item was sent, so regardless of why it took so long I'll remove the stuff from my posts.

Last edited:
Wow!

Wow!

Thanks for all the replies on this.
Yes,I did try to call.(As of today 8 times)No answer or voice mail.
I suppose that I'm just too trusting,no doubt due to an utter lack of less than honest folks here.
I appreciate the assistance.However,a Fool and his Money are soon parted.
And I have PayPAl working on it too,they have been successful for me about 75% of the time.
cgrape2(Fool,this time)

I've run across this web site before and passed.

No expense spared on the sign, mangled English, "click here" everywhere. It looks like it was set up in five minutes. As far as being Nigerian, look at the electrical outlets in the photos. Do they use those there? IDK.

Just an opinion.

-Dutch

I notice that it is a free web site and that "webs.com" states clearly on their opening page that "It's easy to look professional". However, a free web site doesn't actually look so professional. :)

I looked some more at webs.com and they have a page with their abuse policies here: http://www.webs.com/pages/abuse/
It's interesting that they don't seem to have a direct abuse@ address, but rather refer you to ftc.gov etc. Still, there are some contact addresses you can try. I know it's not much consolation, but it might help others. Good luck cgrape2. :)

Happy Ending!!!

Happy Ending!!!

Well,the Toshiba arrived today.It was sent 3 days ago from Riverside,CA.Odd how that coincides with my complaint to PayPal....
Thanks to everyone who helped out,you-all are THE BEST!!!
cgrape2

Well,the Toshiba arrived today.It was sent 3 days ago from Riverside,CA.Odd how that coincides with my complaint to PayPal....
Thanks to everyone who helped out,you-all are THE BEST!!!
cgrape2

Glad to hear you got your item :)
Hope our efforts did help.

As I promised I removed the info from my posts that identified him. He followed through, even if it was with a huge delay.

I recommend you hang onto the return address info just in case he gives other people problems but hopefully it was just an innocent, isolated issue this time.

Last edited:
Why TVC Call me Scamer?

Why TVC Call me Scamer?

Hello Everyone Well I'm Kinda disappoint For what i see Few Minutes ago i found a thread Cgrape2 a member who purchase from me a toshiba laptop and Microsoft Mouse.Well first of all Sorry But my english is not good but you guys don't have to call me niggerian scamer without don't know nothing about me .
anyways yes i'm a Seller with more than 8 years Selling in craigslist But Sometimes i got Vintage Computers and is very hard for me to sell in craigslist this type of Computer that's Why Someone Recommend me this Site i have Sold
More than 3 Items Successfully With No problems but for Some people need to understand that if you purchase an item online you have to wait.......

Read Threat

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?t=18199&page=2

here Some Tracking Number of my Costumer (for who Call me Nigerian Scamer)

SDC12425.jpg

and here are Some items i have For Sale

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/sys/1504566354.html

Well, I understand better than most that it sometimes takes a while to get items sent off; sorry that you got that bad press, but if you want to avoid that sort of thing you should really make an effort to reply to inquiring emails and phone calls if there's a delay for whatever reason.

Yes you right but that Weekend i was little Busy anyways Next time i will try to Do my best and better Communication .

Back