• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Show off your collection/setup

Like Tezza, my collection is stored in cardboard boxes (each system has it's own labeled box or boxes) and displayed on my web site.

The video game systems, while in boxes at the moment, are preparing to move to their new home. I am designing a cabinet for my living room where they can all live together. To play any one system, all I will have to do is press the button associated with that system and enjoy. They will all be connected to a central switching panel so there's no need for manually unhooking and reconnecting each system as I want to play. I may have to have to design it to allow two systems to play at the same time on two TVs - one for me and one for my gf - otherwise I may never get to play :cry:

Current work in (not enough) progress, the garage:
heaters.jpg

I've gotta get that Apple stuff out of the way.

Nice looking Alpha! and what VAX is that? A 4000 something?

I recently reorganized my storage...
Here's how it look now:

I see I'm not the only one using Gorm shelfs, they are really nice. And wow, that is lot of ABC and Compiz machines :)

Here is part of my collection posted in another thread.

I see I'm not the only one using Gorm shelfs, they are really nice. And wow, that is lot of ABC and Compiz machines :)
Well, it's not really Gorm shelfs, it's Biltema's Trähylla... They were once cheaper than IKEA's Gorm.

And there are not that many Compis machines... Only three, one Compis II and two ordinary Compises.

Here's my Small IBM stash.

On the left is a 1984 5150.
IBM monochrome 5151 Monitor
83-key IBM keyboard
2 Floppies
640k RAM

On the right is my 1985 XT 5160
640k RAM
1 360k Floppy
10MB HDD
100MB Zip Drive
Commodore 1084 monitor
IBM model M keyboard

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0716.jpg
    CIMG0716.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1
Does every 8 Bit commodore user have a stack of 1541's ? I know I've been guilty of that for a while although I think I've dwindled my stack down to 5 (not including the 1541 II's) :)
(I'll have to get shots of the attic when I get it cleaned up a bit) :)
-Matt

Does every 8 Bit commodore user have a stack of 1541's ? I know I've been guilty of that for a while although I think I've dwindled my stack down to 5 (not including the 1541 II's) :)
-Matt

I have 5 or so 1541 and 2 1571 for my 3 C64 units and 1 c128. One is permanently attacked to a PC to dump image files to disk.

Sooner or later working 1541 drives will be uncommon, and I suspect there are more C64 then 1541 drives now.

I have never owned a single 1541 drive. I do have two 1541-II though.. well, three actually although the third one is untested. For a short while I had a 1581 but I sold it to a better suited person. Of course I have a small pile of IEEE floppy drives in the basement, most which are broken though so likely to end up at the dump next spring.

-Matt

No, I only have three, and I just got the third one - it's to share between my computer and C64C (1541-II). The two brown ones go to my C64 breadbox as 8 and 9. Although I confess, I wish I did have a stack and I'd keep them all for when the ones I am using die (eventually).

Zeela:

In your first picture, there's a blue bin, bottom center. In this bin, sticking out, there is a copper-sided computer with a reddish wood-grained top, a number of side-connectors and what looks like either a coax out or BNC network connector. What is that beautiful beast? :p Can we get a clearer shot of it, without the box on top? lol..

Looks like a fun little machine. Love the color, might dismantle a nonworking c64 to put different hardware in it... then make it into a ferrari :)

I didn't test all of these drives... still need to clean most of them. I'll do that next spring... or build a wall at the end of the world, whichever comes first. :confused:

Last edited:
That's funny, a co-worker of mine recently said pretty much the same thing. He suggested a hot line to the White House though. :)

Nice collection of gear there Mr.Amiga500!

Tez

Thanks! I was just looking at your collection - very nice. I especially like your nice clean Kaypro II. Mine looked like it had been stored in a sewer when I got it. It took lots and lots of scrubbing to get all the disintegrating gummy yellow stickers and other junk off it.

Your Sinclair QL description came in handy too. I was thinking of getting one, but was unsure about the quality of the case and keyboard. Now I think I'll skip it.

Back