• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TRS Comic Books w/ Ads for Comps - Gauging Interest

Raven

Veteran Member
I have two comic books that are TRS-brand (oddly) and cover the "History of Electronics". I know that these aren't likely worth a damn, but they are neat. Anywho, they have ads in them for TRS computers at the time, which is interesting. I was wondering if there's any interest in buying them from me, or even just in me scanning the comics, or just the advertisements, for the community.

I think scanned documents are always useful. I wish I had more time and a better way to scan things myself, but I've quite often gotten unstuck from the kind folks who offer and have scanned manuals on long gone gear.

Well these are comic books about the history of electronics, so I'm pretty sure they won't be helping anyone out of a jam, lol.

The ads I think are far more interesting, perhaps I'll just scan those in for you guys. If there's interest in the comics I'll consider doing the whole books (there's two of 'em).

As a former Comic Shop owner,I can tell you there is a "Book" value.But in 19 years I never sold one.(I had several in perfect,unread condition)There just was no market for them.
So scan away!
cgrape2

I'd love to see the cover at least.

Wish I could find my TRS-80 Superman comic, an advertisement comic with kids using various TRS-80 computers to assist Superman. :cool:

I will scan them as soon as possible. I don't have my stuff setup for that ATM, but when I get a chance I will.

Definitely remember those comic books myself -- really campy stuff with the TRS-80 "Whiz Kids" -- especially when the teacher is really pimping things like the benefits of "Videotex".

Back