• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Commodore 2031LP or SFD-1001 Disk Drive

cbm

I'm currently looking for a Commodore 2031LP or SFD-1001 disk drive. I've been looking for these for sometime, but I haven't had much luck in finding one. I just found these forums so maybe I'll have some luck here :)

If you have one of these drives for sale or know where I might find one, please let me know! I'm looking to find one in good working order. I reside in the U.S., so hopefully I can find one in North America to avoid issues with power conversion.

Thanks!

Ah thanks for linking me to that. I'm only so-so with a soldering iron, but I haven't had any luck finding a drive so I may end up trying to modify a 1541. I may have as much trouble finding the connectors though. I hadn't realized the connector on the computer isn't a standard IEEE-488 connector and I'll need a special cable to connect the drive.

I also find out there's a modified kernal that uses a cassette port for interfacing to a stock 1541 with a special cable (C= IEEE-488 -> IEC). I may have a go at that first since it involves a bit less soldering and I do have some spare IEC cables. I need to check and see if my kernal rom is socketed or not though.

If you need a PET to IEEE cable, I'll sell you one for $10 + shipping. PM me if you are interested. As for the cassette port hack, do you refer to the CBM-II one by Uz? I've built that one, and you don't need an IEEE cable for that hack.

Back