• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Cable for Macintosh Keyboard<->Machine

Raven

Veteran Member
I have four Mac keyboards that don't have a wire coming from them - instead they act kinda like a hub for peripheral devices. However, I don't have any cables for them. I could tear apart a mouse or two and make a cable, probably, but I'd rather buy one or two of them from someone.

Anybody have some of these?

ADB, and I did notice that it looks just like an S-Video cable, but I didn't know if it was a straight-through wiring or if something trickier was going on. I'll do that, thanks. Out of curiosity, what do you do when it is USB - need a special male<-> male USB A cable?

I agree with Thrashbarg. I have never seen a USB keyboard where the system-side connection isn't a permanently-connected cable. If you have one with JUST two USB type A connectors, then someone cut off the system-side connection cable.

Although I do have a wonky USB hard drive case that has a only a single USB A port, and comes with a funky A-to-dual-A cable (second system-side plug is for power.)

Re Cables

Re Cables

I have four Mac keyboards that don't have a wire coming from them - instead they act kinda like a hub for peripheral devices. However, I don't have any cables for them. I could tear apart a mouse or two and make a cable, probably, but I'd rather buy one or two of them from someone.

Anybody have some of these?

Hi,
I have some will send you a PM.

Take Care

Back