• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy PC-6 with memory expansion and PC-4/PC-5/PC-6 cassette interface for sale

jconger

Experienced Member
I found my Tandy PC-6 and its cassette interface last night. I had just read about a few people wanting them for their collection, so I figure it can find a home instead of being lost in my desk drawer. As I recall, I was working at Radio Shack for a summer when I found a PC-5 and discovered the "disco" discount and got it for something like $20. Dropped it later after I was used to having it, so I ended up buying this PC-6 at full price to replace it.

pc6_system-IMG_68&#50.JPG

The PC-6 had a lot of use while I was in high school. I think it even travelled to college with me, before I became a fan of the products of HP in Corvallis and got an HP48SX.

It has a broken clip to hold it shut, a cracked hinge, and some scratches on the case, but it works. It has the 8K expansion card in it. I replaced the two main CR2032 batteries to test it, but wasn't able to get a CR1220 memory battery at the place I stopped, so it has an old one -- no leaks, though. I still have the manual.

The cassette interface was originally sold for the PC-4. When the PC-5 was introduced, they provided the cable you see in the picture. The PC-6 uses the same cable. I used it in the past and it worked well. I don't have a handy tape recorder for testing it now. The dummy plug for erasing and the ear bud for finding the start of a program go with it. You can also have my tape of programs and a memo backup with obsolete phone numbers. The cassette interface is in great condition and I still have the manual.

These are probably worth more than the other stuff I've passed along, but the PC-6 is marked up and I really want them to have a home where they will be appreciated. My vintage calculator will be my HP48SX. Got me through my EE degree.

Make me an offer to cover the $4 in batteries I put in it, my packing materials, shipping, and a bit to say thanks for the time to pack it. This is a good candidate for a large flat rate priority mail box and I'm in the 43016 zip code.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I am interested as I do have a PC6 that I use day to day, I am concerned that one day it will "pass out".
I live in Ireland and would offer $20 dollars for it, however I wonder how much would postage cost...

Let me know,
Cheers
Emmanuel

I still have my PC-6 from college (BsChe degree here), would be nice to have the RAM upgrade. Seemed like everyone wanted an HP back then for engineering (late 1980's). I found the PC-6 with the equation setup (you put in the equation into memory and then it asks you for the variables and spits out an answer over and over) perfect for doing lab reports back when portable computers were insanely expensive and bulky.The built in BASIC was good for simple programs.

Are you interested in just the PC-6 or the PC-6 and the cassette interface? As you can see, there's someone else interested in the memory, but I'd like to sell it all together if I could, or at least the PC-6 and memory together.

I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you, but I'm going to be away for a while, my mother is in the hospital with a brain injury, surgery Thursday morning.

Jim

If I don't find a taker for the whole system, I may see if Erik wants it for his collection. I hate to break it up like I did my 386, but I can do that if that is the only way to keep it out of the trash.

I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you, but I'm going to be away for a while, my mother is in the hospital with a brain injury, surgery Thursday morning.

Jim

Back