• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

used 3.5" DSDD floppies for sale

jconger

Experienced Member
I mentioned them in my 5.25" disks for sale thread. I have 150 DSDD used, and I have packaged them into 6 grocery bags of 25 each.

A quick check of one bag shows it weighs 1 lb 3 oz. With packaging, that's under 2 lb, so $2.77 at media rate. If these go in small lots, I'll have to charge something for boxes because I'm going to need to buy some.

Jim

Editing in a PS: I had a question about their capacity. These are "720 Kb" in the MS-DOS world, and as I understand it, for some systems like keyboards that use MS-DOS format disks. Macs and Apple //gs systems format these using GCR and get 800 Kb. Some of these are Apple format, some PC. You can just re-format either format for the other if you need to.

Last edited:
I've had several people interested but no one offering a price. How about this... I was offered $10 per 25 of the "unused" DSDD 5.25" disks and I suggested $5 per 25 for the used. I'll be happy with the same price for these, but if they go 25 at a time, I need something to cover boxes and the PayPal fee (or pay by check).

If you just want 25, the cost would be:

$5 for the 25
$1 for PayPal (or pay by check)
$1 for a box
$2.77 shipping
=====
$9.77 total

Order more, get a better deal because I won't have to get any boxes and PayPal won't be as bad. Pay by check if you want.

Jim

I have sold 100 of the 150. If someone wants the remaining 50, it would cost:

$10 for the 50
$1 for the box
$3.16 for media rate (2-9 days, I'll pay for delivery confirmation)
=====
$14.16

Jim

So can I ride your coattails? I've got one more box of 50 new bulk 3.5 DSDD disks but I'm greedier: looking for $25.00 & S

Back