• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

I am going to start mass-selling things on eBay tomorrow..

Raven

Veteran Member
I am going to thin out my collection due to monetary and space problems, and this will begin with me opening a vintage parts/machine reselling store on eBay. I figured I'd offer some of the complete machines here before I start listing things.

I am not 100% sure I want to sell the first two machines on this list, this is partially to gauge interest, but if a good offer is given I will very likely sell.

Zenith Z-140
z148.jpg

This is not an image of mine. I do not have the Zenith mouse or GW-BASIC manual, and am not parting with the software manuals that may or may not go with it as I have multiple Zenith machines that use the same software.

Zenith Supersport
ZenithSuperSportLaptop.jpg

Again, not a picture of my machine, but the same model. Mine is in a bit better physical condition and has an extended battery (or just a battery pack, don't remember if one is built into the unit or not anymore).

I will be selling many 68k-era Macs, perhaps even a Portrait Display (I have two, only can use one). Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular there.

I will be selling lots of parts too, motherboards, cards, etc. - don't know exactly what yet, but if you're looking for anything in particular feel free to ask.

Most of the proceeds from my auctions/sales will go to rescuing vintage systems to fix and/or resell - so your purchases directly will fund my inventory contents.

The Z-140 is nice, I have one that's been maxed out. Are you going to publish a list of things you have up or planning to be up? I might be able to buy something soon.

ST-412? I could be wrong on numbering but is that a 40MB RLL drive? If so I have a 100% fully functional rarely-used one. ;)

*checks*

Edit: Nope I'm crazy, that's an ST-238R. Judging by Google the ST-412 is the second Seagate HDD ever, so I'd imagine it's full height. In which case, I don't have any full height disks.

Edit 2: The reason I don't just produce a "list of what I'm going to sell" is that I honestly don't know. I'm going to pick through my collection day by day and pick an item per day to put on eBay. So far planned, however:

- Zenith Supersport 8088 Laptop
- PS/2 Model 25 (first planar version)

I found that I despise PS/2 machines... They're a pain to work on, and most of them are MCA and aren't compatible with any hardware I have.. The ISA models (like the 25) still have reference disks and Dallas chips and other things I don't want to worry about.

Last edited:
I found that I despise PS/2 machines... They're a pain to work on, and most of them are MCA and aren't compatible with any hardware I have.. The ISA models (like the 25) still have reference disks and Dallas chips and other things I don't want to worry about.
I totally feel you there, but just on those models like the 25 that had the floppy drive that likes to fall apart in your hands. Really neat machines to have in a collection, but that's about it.

It's the same, with the metal case? Am I remembering right?

The Model 25 is an 8-bit ISA 8086-based all-in-one machine with a color monitor built-in. It's a nice machine but it's a pain to open (imo) and requires reference disk BIOS stuff to even boot (due to dead Dallas module battery), and I don't care enough (and if I did, wouldn't want to due to lack of electrical experience) to sort that out. If you're into 808x machines heavily, PS/2s, or IBMs in general you'd love the machine. I was collecting anything IBM I could get my hands on, but now I've learned better than to want PS/2s. I love the 51xx early PC/XT/AT/etc. (don't have any though) and the PS/1 and PS/ValuePoints though, all of which are much more standard and built like a tank.

The Zenith Supersport listed by the way, in the auction section here there's a link. In the future just check there for my stuff, I might not update this thread with each thing.

I'm on a schedule of one item listed per day, by the way.

Okay, I was remembering something different. Mine had no monitor built in and was a desktop form of box. Still built like a tank, though! Who knows, mine might be in storage somewhere, thanks to my Mother.

Back