• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for stray/unwanted Apple II hardware...

RetroHacker_

Veteran Member
Working on project involving multiple Apple II computers, and I could use some extra hardware. Anyone got any of the ubiquitous ex-classroom II+/IIe/IIgs'en that could use new homes? Could also use disk drives and monitors, third party OK. I don't care if the stuff works or not, I have parts.

-Ian

Don't suppose you're interested in a IIc without power supply? I have three IIcs, but only one power supply. All three of the systems work fine, though.

Honestly, for this *particular* project, the IIc isn't all that useful, for lack of expansion slots. Furthermore, it doesn't have the annunciator outputs present, only the 9 pin joystick connector. I can probably make use of it for something else, if you just want to get it out from underfoot, but it's not what I need for this endeavor.

Thanks though!

-Ian

I have quite a bit of Apple II hardware lying around, off the top of my head:

Disk controller
80 Column card
Z80 Card
Printer Card (may be grappler, not sure)
CCS Asynch serial interface card (boxed, with manuals)
Prodos users kit (boxed, with lots of stuff. In fact, the z80 card was in there for some reason)
External disk drive (not sure if it's apple branded or not, or even if it works)

I'll have to hunt all my stuff down.

[Edit]
I made a thread a while back asking about some of the apple hardware, has pics of some things:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?18145-Any-interesting-stuff-here&highlight=

The diagnostic card is gone though :)

Last edited:
I have a DuoDisk that I believe needs some fixing or alignment -- as I recall at least one of the drives won't read disks reliably. This could be yours for the cost of shipping (from near Boston, MA).

I have some other stray IO cards that I would need to inventory.

(I actually pass through the Albany area from time to time on my way to visit my mom, but won't be driving that way soon).

Don't suppose you're interested in a IIc without power supply? I have three IIcs, but only one power supply. All three of the systems work fine, though.

I'll take one if you're shipping them out for free.. It would go nicely with the Apple IIc monitor that I have nothing to use with. The PSUs look pretty cheap on eBay, one for $20, so that isn't such a problem..

(http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...le+iic+power+supply&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

Edit:

I have quite a bit of Apple II hardware lying around, off the top of my head:

Disk controller
80 Column card
Z80 Card
Printer Card (may be grappler, not sure)
CCS Asynch serial interface card (boxed, with manuals)
Prodos users kit (boxed, with lots of stuff. In fact, the z80 card was in there for some reason)
External disk drive (not sure if it's apple branded or not, or even if it works)

I'll have to hunt all my stuff down.

[Edit]
I made a thread a while back asking about some of the apple hardware, has pics of some things:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?18145-Any-interesting-stuff-here&highlight=

The diagnostic card is gone though :)

Same goes for that Z80 card, if it's free I'll see if I can get my Apple IIe running CP/M. :D

He gets dibs on either of these things, of course, since it's his thread, so if he's interested in them just forget about this post. :)

If you'd be interested in borrowing some hardware for your project, I'll be moving to Troy in early June -- old computer stuff isn't priority in moving, but I can make sure the Apple II stuff comes sooner than later. I've got two IIe's and a IIgs.

What /is/ the project, anyhow?

I'll take one if you're shipping them out for free.. It would go nicely with the Apple IIc monitor that I have nothing to use with. The PSUs look pretty cheap on eBay, one for $20, so that isn't such a problem..

heh. Not exactly interested in SHIPPING for free. But "cost of shipping and handling" would be fine. It's sitting in my pile of "need to get rid of somehow when I have time" computers. I had four IIc's; keeping one, sold one a couple months ago, and have two 'extras'. Not in any huge hurry to get rid of them, but if I see that someone wants one, I offer.

I seem to recall that shipping it last time was in the neighborhood of $30, that included having the shipping place pack it for me.

I might be, if it's still available. Still looking for an affordable //c since the last one I won on eBay had a busted keyboard (grrrr). PM me! :)

PM's sent. I'm going to pass on the //c since I really can't make use of it - I'll let you forum vultures go after it :D

But I am still looking for the "full size" II's... surely somone has a stack of school surplus IIe's laying around...

-Ian

heh. Not exactly interested in SHIPPING for free. But "cost of shipping and handling" would be fine. It's sitting in my pile of "need to get rid of somehow when I have time" computers. I had four IIc's; keeping one, sold one a couple months ago, and have two 'extras'. Not in any huge hurry to get rid of them, but if I see that someone wants one, I offer.

I seem to recall that shipping it last time was in the neighborhood of $30, that included having the shipping place pack it for me.

Perfectly reasonable, but I can't afford it at the moment.

Back