• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Accelerator board for IBM 5155 or 5160

ibmapc

Veteran Member
I'm looking for an accelerator board to enhance the performance of my 5155 which has the same MB as the early 5160 XT(64-256k ram) but with a smaller power supply (63 watts?). So the more power hungry accelerators may not work, but I'd be willing to try anyway if anyone has one they would like to sell or trade for. ie Orchid Tiny Turbo 286, Intell inboard 368pc. Please PM me or email gregsaling@comcast.net if you have one or any leads on where I can find one.

I've been looking for an accelerator for a while (http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?20378-386-XT-Accelerator). The only one I've been able to find is an overpriced Tiny Turbo 286 on eBay for $140USD - feel free to buy that if you want, I'm waiting for a friend to sell his to me. :p

They're getting pretty rare it seems.

Check it out. I just scored this(AST HotShot/286 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200501200562 ) on EPAY for $56.00 plus $6.20 shipping. Raven, I hope you weren't one of the other bidders. It got kind of crazy there at the end after I put in my last minute bid. The other bidder tried to increase his bid, but I guess he didn't want it as bad as I did.

Now that we're on the subject I once worked for a computer store and upgraded a 286-10 to 386sx-16 with a board twice as big as that, don't remember which one. The computer was slower after the upgrade! Are you supposed to use a driver with it? This one came used with no disk.

Back