• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple Motherload

VintageComputerman

Veteran Member
I just picked up 20 boxes full of old apple computers, games, software and manuals. Plus more. I'll try to take a few photos. Mostly Apple II and GS items along with a lot of boxed items. MECC manuals and rare software from the schools too.

Wow, instant collection. Was this a school cleanout?

Years ago the school sent a whole lot to be destroyed but these computer users grabbed it all and held on to it. They got a lot from the library and even went back and copied software before it was gone for good. I'm just finishing up a snack and will begin rummaging through some of it tonight. It's like Christmas!!!

Last night I picked up a box of windows 95 & 98 disks, unopened with license and win 3.1 too. Some diagnostics on 5.25 as well. It's been a good week.

I know that felling also. A few years ago I brought home a van load of //e's , IIgs's , an LC II and an LC III, along with monitors and disk drives. I could just barely see out the passenger window enough to drive home. Unfortunately I didn't get any software and it was a while until I could start to enjoy it.

Here is a crude sideshow of what I have. Blurry as usual but close enough to get some idea. I did happen to go through several boxes and it's pure software heaven. Complete sets in excellent to mint condition. Kindergarden and up school software as well as some very interesting boxed games.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn1/VintageComputerman/Apple%20Haul/

Update: Lol, yea, that sideshow worked great. Well, thumbnails are just as good.

Ebay, but I don't think there is a huge market for Apple II school programs.

Also post at comp.sys.apple2 and comp.sys.apple2.marketplace for help on pricing/selling, both of those newsgroups are very active.

I'd definitely be interested in some of the IIgs software. Maybe even some of the just-plain-II software. Especially "learning games". Not so much pure "teaching" software like typing tutor stuff, but fun old games my 5-year old might enjoy.

Let me know if you run across any interesting IIgs hardware bits in there. I'm looking for an overhead projector panel, RAM, hard disks, etc.

I have an over head projector panel for a 486 laptop if that would do. Kodak datashow, iirc. The apple hardware, I think I have a ram extender card. All together I have 2 apple II gs with style writer printers and boxes of brand new print ribbons. Hand scanners and boxes of software, maybe 400 disks not including all the boxed sets. I have popular short stories that come with disks. I even have boxes of blank disks along with the two different notch cutters. From kindergarden to high school and everything in between. I started to photograph it all as I went through it but had to stop, it started to rain while I sorted it all in my driveway. It fills two entire shelves, 2 feet deep, 2 feet high and 8 feet long, So, maybe a 4 x 8 sheet pf plywood 2 feet high all packed full of computers, monitors, printers, software, books, manuals, etc.

Get us some pictures of the machines please. :D

I assume you will want to sell some of the stuff (duplicate machines, software, etc), yes?

Wow, what a haul! Where in New York State are you located? I'm in the process of getting my IIe back up and running, as I recently got a functioning green composite monitor for it.

I have two IIe's (one is supposed to be sold, but he was supposed to pick it up this month and hasn't contacted me, and I don't remember who he was!) and only a small stack of 10 or so educational games (that suck). I'd like to get at least one game that is good, and haven't gotten that audio transfer link to work properly to make disks.

Edit: Yay he contacted me!

Last edited:
Hum, it's not exactly what I had in mind (the 486 laptop panel) unless it takes a composite input. Is it color or B/W?

What card is this?

What card is this?

I dug out an old Apple II E to sell and while cleaning it up I noticed this unusual card. Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just post a question here.

I'm not really into Apple computers so I'm not as familiar with these things. Is this a sound or video card and what value might it have? I'm thinking around one hundred. Had a few wires soldered to the board and is not easy to pull. It was in slot 7.

I dug out an old Apple II E to sell and while cleaning it up I noticed this unusual card. Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just post a question here.

I'm not really into Apple computers so I'm not as familiar with these things. Is this a sound or video card and what value might it have? I'm thinking around one hundred. Had a few wires soldered to the board and is not easy to pull. It was in slot 7.

I can't really read the chip IDs from the photo. Slot 7 does have some video signals not present on other slots. I am wondering if SUCB stands for State University College at Buffalo; this card might be a student project?

State University College at Buffalo, That's it. I got a few from there. Some stuff from RIT as well, heh, heh, heh...

Odd that they'd place the BNC connector on that part of the card, instead of a bracket. I suppose they could just thread the cable out through a hole in the back, though.

Back